Chapter 36

Emma Carters

It's around 2AM in the morning when I wake up. I rub my eyes a few times before get up from from. I walk into the small bathroom and get dressed. I put on a cream knitted sweater with teal skinny jeans then slip into my white Converse. I grab the suitcase that's placed across the room, unzip it and put the whole stuffs I have into it before zip it back. After I'm done, I drag the suitcase out from the hospital room and see Ryan leaning on the wall. 

 "I knew you'll come with me. Come on, we can go home now, I had checked you out." Ryan says as he helps me walk since my stomach still pretty hurts. He grabs my suitcase before speaks, "luckily I bought your medicine when I checked you out. I see you're still in pain." 

 I glance over him and send him a grateful smile. "Thank you, for everything." I thank his as we walk out from the hospital. I don't know if it's only me or nobody notices that Ryan Butler, the most wanted criminal's best friend who's also a criminal. I shrug it off and get into his car, with Ryan's help of course. Ryan quickly gets into the driver's seat before drives off. 

It's silence for a moment before I decide to speak, "so, how's Jason?" I ask. 

Ryan sighs. "I'm not sure about him anymore. I haven't seen him out from his room until now," Ryan starts. "Maybe when we got there you should go to his room and explain everything. He's such a wreak and I'd never seen something like that before." He explains. 

After those words slip out from Ryan's mouth, my heart breaks. I didn't has any intention to break his heart. I let out a deep sigh which Ryan notices. "Hey, don't worry. You will see him soon alright? Everything will be alright." Ryan assures. I give him a nod before looking out of the window. 

"Um, Em, I know you're not comfortable with us talking about this, but I'm wondering what happened between you and your father?" Ryan asks.

I gulp. I don't know why, but I've a feeling that this question will be asked, but not this soon. "I thought you said Nick managed to set a camera in the room?" I ask back. 

"Yeah, I know. I just thought it'd be better if you explain it by yourself." Ryan replies without tearing his gaze on the road. 

 I sigh. "My father seems to hate Jason so much, and honestly I think I know why. And base on him, he thought the best way to abandon me to see Jason is to marry Caleb. Don't get me wrong, Caleb is a really nice guy, but I don't think we're working out anymore. My love for him is gone, vanished." I explain. 

Ryan takes a glance on me for a few seconds before paying the attention back to the road. He puts his right hand on my hand and squeezes it. "Everything will be alright Em. We're moving to another state or maybe country if we have to. Your father won't find you." Ryan assures.

I give him a small smile before reply, "I hope so." 

The next fifteen minutes of car ride was silence. It's not an awkward silence, but it's a comfortable silence. We're finally arrived at the same house I used to stay and I'm about to stay. Ryan has offered to take my suitcase. I pull out the key that Ryan handed me earlier and unlock the door. It's pretty dark so I decide to switch on the light. Where's everybody? 

"They're probably on the second floor, the living room." Ryan says like he just read my mind.

I nod and thank him before walking to the second floor. I hear noises but it's not the loud cheery noises I used to hear, it's more like worry and concern whispers. I walk into living room without anyone notices it. I take a sit next to Alex and listen to their conversation like what I use to do. Are they really dumb for not realizing I'm sitting here?  Ryan finally shows up and looks at me with a confuse expression. I give him a play-along look. He nods and smirks. 

"So what are you guys talking about?" I ask casually.

 "We're talking about how much we're worry about Jason, Em." Alex replies without realizing what he had said. It takes them a few minutes before they finally realize what they had done. 

 "EMMA! YOU'RE BACK!" Chaz exclaims as he pulls me into a hug. I cringe in pain which makes him directly pulls away. "I'm so sorry, Em!" He starts apologizing. I shake my head and tell him it's alright. After that, everyone has a chance to hug me before it turns to a group hug. Oh, how much I miss these idiots.    

After all of them finally release me from the hug, I finally ask the question I've been dying to ask. "Where's Jason?" 

All of them look at me before Alex decides to answer me. "He's locked himself in his room for the past few days. I think you should go and check him. He didn't want any of us to go in his room or talk to him. Maybe he'll listen to you if you ask him," Alex replies. I nod. And before I had the chance to walk away, Alex pulls me back, "thank you so much for doing this. I'm so worried about him." I smile and tell him that he didn't need to thank me. 

I walk to Jason's room, take a deep sigh, before knock the door. "Go away." I hear Jason croaks. His voice fulls with pain and he sounds like he's been crying. Did I do that? 

"Jase, it's me. Please open the door." I plead. Within a second, the door is fully opened and reveal Jason's figure standing there, with red puffy eyes. My heart breaks when I see him like that. 

"Emma?" Jason says and he slowly reaches my face with his right hand. His touch is so gentle like he's scared I might disappear. "Emma!" He cries as he pulls me into a tight hug. The pain in my stomach starts again, but I ignore it. I'm too happy to be in Jason's arm. "You're back and you remember me." His voice is full of happiness and relieve. He hugs me for a moment before kisses my forehead. "I'm begging you, please don't ever leave me again." He whispers in my ears. 

I hug him back tightly and whisper, "I promise."

Third Person

        "You had one job and you couldn't even do it correctly!" The voice yells at Caleb, who stays silence. "All you had to do was to look after Emma and don't let her run away! But guess what?! You failed! You f-cking failed to do a simply thing like that!" The voice yells louder. 

 "I'm sorry Boss." Caleb finally apologizes. 

"Sorry doesn't count it Caleb! Now, I want you to find her and bring her to me, and if you didn't bring her to me in a week, you know the consequence." Caleb hangs up and throws the phone across the room. If he didn't get Emma in a week, things will get worse than ever.  

____________________________________________

Awe, I ship Jemma <3
Whose POV you want next? Jason? Emma? or Third Person?
Who do you think that called Caleb? And do you think Caleb up to?
Comment what you think below
Thank you for reading (: