Chapter 34

Jason McCann

 "You're just kidding right?" I ask and darkly chuckle. No, she can't forget about me. This is just a joke. She just tries to prank me. This can't be happening. I mean she just got shot in the stomach, there's no way she could forgot about me.

She shakes her head no and looks at me with a confuse expression. "No, I really have no idea who you are, I'm sorry." 

"No, you're just kidding. I love you and you love me. Please remember." I try to assure her. My heart hurts like hell. The person I love and care the most don't even know who I am. I don't even know what am I suppose to do now. 

She looks at me with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry, but I really don't remember. And I don't think I love you like what you said earlier. I have a boyfriend who I have been dating for more than a year. I think you recognize the wrong person." She says without meeting my eyes. That's when my whole world falls. First, she doesn't remember me. Second, she told me she didn't love me. And last, she said she has a boyfriend who isn't me. 

"I think you should leave now." I hear her dad demands but I ignore him once again. 

I walk closer to Emma who's being protectively hugged by Caleb who keep giving me a glare. I shove Caleb's arms away from her and send him a death glare. He slowly backs off but keeps his gaze on Emma. I bend down until my mouth meets Emma's ears which makes her shiver. "I'll get you back, I will make you remember who I am, I promise. And I love you." I whisper then kiss her cheek lightly. I quickly walk out from her room ignoring her father's curses and rush to my car driving home so I can let out my emotion.

Emma Carters 

Right now, I laying on the hospital bed as I staring at the ceiling. The doctor said I'll be out in a couple of days because I have to heal my stitches. I think it's a great idea because I can barely move except they give me a painkiller. I can't fall asleep since every time I try to fall asleep, I keep on remembering Jason's hurt expression when I told him I don't love him anymore. I swear to God that's completely a lie. I still love him, more than I ever loved Caleb. Don't get me wrong, Caleb is an amazing guy, but I don't think our relationship works anymore. 

 I miss his hugs. I miss his kisses. I miss his smell. I miss his laugh. I miss his cheeky grin. I miss the feeling wake up next to Jason. I miss everything about him even if I just saw him this morning. Even if we're only dating for a short period of time, I'm totally in love with him. It's not only Jason who I miss, I also miss Alex's weirdness, Ryan's advices, Chaz's craziness, Adam's seriousness, and Nick's friend figure. I don't even have a chance to say goodbye to them. 

 I don't realize that tears are streaming down my face as I think about them. I wish they're not criminals or even if they're, my parents still accept them. Accept the fact I'm being friends with them, the fact that I'm happy when I'm around them, the fact that I love Jason. But no. Everything isn't as easy as it seems. If only my parents understand what I feel more. If only they see Jason and the whole gangs that they're friendly and fun to be around. If only they know the feeling of losing someone you think as the one. If only..

"You think you can go away from me this time?! You think you are going to survive now?! No! This time will come and rescue you. No one cares about you anymore, not even Jason! Everyone hates you now. Your parents, your brothers, your friends, Caleb, and Jason. You betrayed them!" I hear a female's voice yells. I can't see her face clearly, nut I'm sure I ever heard that voice somewhere. The person repeatedly hits me everywhere. Literally everywhere. My arms, my stomach, my legs, everywhere. 

 "P-Please stop." I beg as I try to get away from the hits. I try to see who the person is. As soon as I see her, I wish I never did. It's Amber

"Never! I think it's better that I end it now so no one will see your pathetic face anymore." Amber says with a smirk. My whole body hurts, I don't think I can handle it even longer. "Or maybe I will ask someone else to do it." As soon as she says that, I see a figure standing next to her. I try to look up and see someone who I am not expected to see. Jason. How can Jason do this? I thought he loves me? What happened? 

        "

Miss me baby girl?" He asks with a smirk as he bends down. I scoot myself further from him. I don't why he turns into a monster but I know one thing for sure, I need to get away from him. "Awh, don't you miss me? I'm hurt baby girl." He mocks. 

"G-go away!" I yell.

I see his eyes turn darker. He slaps me on the face and hits me repeatedly. What happen to the Jason I used to know? What happen to the sweet Jason? So far I know, it's gone. 

"-ma! Emma! Wake up!" I hear someone yells which makes me directly jump up. I wince in pain as I clutch my stomach. "Here, it's a painkiller." I hear the same person says. I gran the painkiller and gulp it using the water that person gives me. 

 I wait a few minutes until the pill starts kicking in before hand the person back the glass. "Thank you." I mumble as I look up and see Ryan? What is he doing here? Isn't the visiting time is over? I am about to ask him when I remember that I should act like I don't remember him. "Who are you and what are you doing? Isn't the visiting time is over?" 

 "I sneaked in. Don't act like you don't remember me Em, Nick managed to place a security camera in this room so we know what happened, except Jason. He hasn't go out from his room since he left here." Ryan explains. 

I widen my eyes. "W-what? You knew?" 

"Yes, and you need to come with me. Jason is such a wreck without you." 

"I can't. If you knew what happened you obviously know how I feel." I express.

 "That's why after we left, we'll move across the country. Please think about this, I'll come back tomorrow for your decision." He says then leaves. What should I do?  

_______________________________________

What do you think Emma should do?
Go with Ryan or stay?
Tell me what you think on the comment below
Thank you for reading (: