Chapter 35

Emma Carters

Emma Carters

        After the whole nightmare and Ryan's visit, I couldn't let myself sleep a blink. I honestly really want to go with Ryan and stay with Jason, but there's something else on my mind. What if my dad found out and sent Jason to jail? I honestly will blame myself forever.

        I grab a pillow beside me and put it on my face before let a loud groan. Oh god, what should I do? I really want to stay with Jason because I love him so much, more than I ever did when I was with Caleb. Caleb. One more problem I have to face. He told me he still loves me. How am I suppose to tell him that I don't love him anymore? And the hardest thing I have to tell is that I fall in love with someone else, and that person is my kidnapper. That will literally breaks his heart. Oh gosh, I'm going crazy.

        I let out another groan. Someone helps me, I don't know what to do anymore. I put the pillow beside me before looking out from the window beside me. I see several kids playing outside. Somehow, they kind of remind me of Connor and Nate. I remember when I used to bring them to park every Sunday. They seemed so happy every time I bring them there. If I went with Ryan and stayed with Jason, there will be a huge chance that I'll never see them again for a very long time.

        My thoughts are being interrupted by someone knocks the door. Seconds later, I see my father's figure is standing in the door frame looking at me. I don't think I can face him after what he told me. I still can't believe that my own dad forced me to do that kind of thing. I can't believe he told me that he'll send Jason to jail if I didn't pretend that I forgot him.

        "Sweetheart, how are you feeling?" My dad asks with concern filling his voice. He walks toward me and sits on the bed beside me as he strokes my hair like he used to do.

        "Fine." I shortly reply without facing him.

        I hear him let out sigh. "You know I just did that to make you happy right?" He asks softly as he keeps stroking my hair.

        I directly shoot up after my father said that. "You did that for my happiness?" I ask, unbelievable. He really thinks I'm happy here? Don't get me wrong, I love my family; but I love Jason too and being forced not to see him again is the hardest decision I'd ever done. When he's about to open his mouth to answer, I cut him off, "for god's sake dad, I love him. I'm happy when I'm with him."

        My dad sighs. "He kidnapped you Em, he probably messed with your mind so that you'll love him!" My dad exclaims.

        I look at my dad like he has two heads. "You seriously think he did that? You're unbelievable!" I say loudly.

        "Em-"

        I cut him off, "dad, I knew he might kidnapped me, but that doesn't mean he'll do something like that! I know he's the most wanted criminal, but he has the most amazing heart ever!"

        "Okay, fine. But you have to answer this question truthfully," my dad starts. "Did he ever hit you or harm you?"

        When those words slip out from my dad's mouth, I can't speak. I'm freeze right where I'm sitting. What am I suppose to tell him? Jason hit me before, but only a few times. If I told my dad that, he'll be mad.

        "Emma?" My dad asks which makes me snaps back into reality.

        "Y-yeah?" I stutter.

        "Did Jason ever hit you?" My dad asks again.

        "Um, yeah." I mumble under my breath, hoping my dad doesn't hear me. But of course, my dad has to hear me.

        "What?! He hit you?! And the worst thing is that you still love him and want to stay with him?! What the hell is wrong with you Emma?!" My dad yells which makes me cringe.

        "I can't help it dad. I know he hit me, but only a few times and it's only happened because he's angry!" I argue. "That's what he used to do! He never hit or got angry at me anymore! He has changed dad, for good!"

        "I don't care if he never hit anymore, he used to do it Em! Who knows he'll hit you again in the future." My dad says with a loud tone.

        I take a deep sigh, trying to control my temper. "Dad listen, I love him and he loves me. I can promise you that he'll never do that such a thing anymore." I try to assure him. Hopefully he'll listen to me, I miss Jason so much. Fingers cross.

        "A no is still a no Em! You have Caleb. He's a sweet guy." My dad says.

        "For god's sake dad, I don't love him anymore!" I yell. I can't handle my temper any longer. Why does my dad has to be such an arse?! Where the sweet and understanding father I used to have?

        "I don't care. You and Caleb have to keep dating. I'll arrange your wedding soon if I have to, so that you won't see Jason. I'll probably send him to jail too." My dad announces. I widen my eyes. What?! Wedding?! For god's sake, I'm only seventeen, almost eighteen, he can't do that!

        "You can't do that!" I yell, trying to keep the tears in my eyes. "I'm way too young!" I croak. 

        "I'm sorry Em, but that's the only thing I can do to keep you away from Jason. Beside you almost eighteen." With that my dad walks out from the room leaving me in the verge of tears. As soon as the door is closed, I let out a loud sob.

        Why did my dad have to do that? What did I ever do to make him do that to me? I'm always that sweet girl who has good grades. I'm always that sweet little daddy's girl. What the hell is happened with my dad when I was kidnapped? I keep on sobbing, but there's something else that keep staying on my mind. I have to go with Ryan.  I can't stand my own dad anymore.

Who hates Emma's father? Well, I obviously do.
What do you think of this chapter? Do you think Emma will go with Ryan and get out from those disaster?
Comment what you think below.
Thank you for reading (: