Chapter 44

Jason McCann

After thirty minutes of driving, we finally arrive at Johnson's hiding place. Adam parks the van a few blocks from his hiding place before he jumps to the back and starts discussing things. Nick tells me to put a small chip behind my ear so that they know what's going on. I obey and place it behind my right ear. 

"Okay, you have wore that small recorder behind your wear, you can leave now. We won't be able to see what happen, we can only hear what's going on. So, if you're trying to tell us something, try to describe it clearly. Be careful Jason," Alex says as he pats my back.

 I nod then put the hood on my head before walk out from the van. I never knew he has a hiding place outskirts of the town, I think to myself. I'm now standing in front of the door, ready to barge in. I try to open the door using the manual way but it's locked. Well, he left me no choice. One.. Two.. Three.. I count to myself before kick the door off. I casually walk inside and it's quite quiet. I wonder where Emma or Johnson be.

I'm about to walk further, a voice stops me. Here comes the devil. "Well, well, well, look who's here," Johnson familiar's voice says behind me. I turn around so that I'm now face to face with Johnson. "Trying to look for Emma? Well, it was too late now," he says with a smirk. I want to punch that ugly smirk of his. 

 I shoot him a death glare. "Where. Is. Emma?" I ask between gritted teeth as I step closer to him.

"I told you, it was too late now. What's the point of looking after her now?" Johnson asks, still has the smirk on his face.

I run toward him and shove him on the wall, "I asked, where is my Emma?!" I yell through gritted teeth then shove him in the wall harder.

"Well, since you keep asking what happened to her, let me tell you the truth then," he states. I look at him for a moment before he continues, "she's engaged now, with Caleb. So, let me suggest you to leave her alone now. She is happy with Caleb. Beside, they are getting married soon," he finishes with a victory smile places on his face.

It takes me a few minutes to take in what he had said. He was lying, right? She isn't engaged yet right? I am just standing there doing nothing which is an advantage for him cause he pulls me off from him and punches me in the face. I try to fight back, but I can't. I just can't do anything. I just feel like I'm paralyzed.

 "What? Too afraid to fight back now McCann? Where is the McCann everyone fears of?" Johnson mocks with a victory smile on his face. Trust me, it really makes my anger boils, but somehow I can't do anything. I really want to kill him, but I can't. I still need to adjust what he had said. For God's sake! My Emma is engaged now. 

Seeing me doing nothing, Johnson gives me another punch which makes me fall on the ground. Usually, I'll get up and punch the person back until they're almost dead or dead, but now, I only can accept what he had done without doing anything. I hate this weak side of mine.

 "Still shock about the news McCann? Just accept it McCann, no one will like you or love a person like you. Beside, Emma is too good for you, she deserves someone like Caleb, not you!" He spats.

All I can do is send him a glare. He doesn't know anything! He doesn't know anything what Emma and I had been through. "You don't know anything!" I snap as I try to stand up. "We love each other! You don't know a thing about us!" I spat and try to punch him. Unfortunately, he dodges before my fist had a chance to meet his jaw.

"Then explain why she's engaged with Caleb instead of you," Johnson's smirk grows bigger.

 "It's probably one of your plans to take me down, to take my gang away, to be the leader. You think I don't know anything about it?! But guess what, you will never win. You will never ever have a chance to be the leader of this gang. A loser like you don't deserve to be the biggest gang's leader! Beside, it's not like you can handle to be a leader," I state. It's now my time to smirk. Johnson's face turn red from anger.

He clenches his fist and punches me. I look up then wipe the blood off my face and still smirking at him. "And I believe you know the rule. Even if I died, Alex will be the gang leader and I had chosen Adam to be the co-leader," I tell him which makes him punches me again.

I know that I look like an idiot now, but what can I do. I'm pretty bruises up now, I don't think I'm strong enough to punch back or we'll start a bigger fight. All I can do now is using my smart mouth to talk back. I know how much it pisses him off.

He clenches his fist before it meets my jaw, again. I fall on the floor and he takes advantages and punches me repeatedly. I try to get him away from me by punching him back, but I can't. The next thing I know, I'm being dragged into a dark basement.

______________________________________________

Jason finally knows the truth. What do you think? Will Jason get her out from there or will he just give up?

Tell me what you think below and give me feedback pretty please?

Thank you for reading (: