Chapter 48

Jason McCann

As soon as I told Emma to go to the van, I rush to find the others, or maybe Johnson. I clench my fist as I think of what had happened. I want to kill him with my own bare hand for he had done. Hearing yelling from the other side of the room, I walk heading to the source of the yelling. I see Nick, Chaz and Adam are glaring at Johnson. They have bruises on their body, but not as bad as Johnson's. Ryan and Alex are there too. They look like they want to kill Johnson so bad, but they clearly know that I want to do it myself. I cough loud enough to make all of them turn their attention on me.

"Hey Johnson, miss me?" I ask trough gritted teeth as I step closer to him. Johnson has a smirk on face, but it's not the victory smirk I saw hours ago, it is like a smirk to hide his fear, fear of me.

"McCann, glad to know that you're still alive," he greets with the smirk.

I walk closer to him with a dark chuckle, "I know you're afraid of me Johnson, you don't have to hide it with your fake smirk. We all know you will be dead by the end of this night," I say as I stand face to face with him.

He scoffs before pushes me away. "I'm clearly not afraid of you McCann. You are just a teenager that doesn't have a life but to be a leader of a gang. You don't have a bright future McCann!" He spats.

I clench my fists and punch him in the face a few times before push him on the wall and grab him by his collar. "You don't know anything asshole! You don't know anything about me! You think you are nothing like me?" I snap then scoff and pause for a few seconds before continue, "actually you're nothing like me. You are just a hopeless old man who doesn't know anything about love or happiness since you are still a single mother f-cker. No one will like a stupid ugly old man who doesn't care about anything but himself! You are also a hopeless man who has a huge obsession to be a leader sand to control people's life! You know what, I'm glad I'm nothing like you. I might be a teenager and well-known as the biggest criminal, but at least I have people who care about me, who loves me, unlike you. You have no one because of your ugly personality. Beside who says I won't and can't have a bright future? You certainly can't see the future, so think before you speak bastard!" I yell in his face before slam him on the wall and throw punches on his face until he lose his conscious. I look over at Alex, who has a shock expression, and ask him to hand me a gun. Still with his shocked expression, he hands me the gun. I point the gun on him before pull the trigger. "He's dead," I announce.

I shove the gun into my pants pocket before walk out from the house with Alex, Ryan, Chaz, Adam and Nick trailing behind me. I can't wait to go home and spend the rest of my night (or maybe the rest of my life) with Emma. I smile at the thought of having Emma forever beside me. We finally reach the van and Nick pulls out another van key before unlock it. I jump into the van and about to greet Emma with a kiss but I can't seem to see her in the van. Where is she? I jump out from the van and look around but I don't see her. I'm starting to have the odd feeling inside me. Questions are haunting on my mind, more like negatives questions.

Alex seems to notice I'm about to have a panic attack when he walks over to me and places his right hand on my shoulder. He sends me a sympathy smile before speaks, "she's going to be alright. We will find her tonight and won't give up until we find her alright?" I sigh and nod, but still can't reduce the panic inside me.

I rush to the driver's seat and tell everyone to get in. I quickly but shakily start the engine before driving like a mad man. No on dares to protest before they certainly know not to mess with me at the moment. Minutes pass and we still can't see a single clue where might Emma be. I'm about to give up but then Emma and I's memories are suddenly popped out in my head. I can't give up, I just can't. She means the world to me.

Losing track of time by thinking our old memories, I hear Ryan and the others are yelling at me to stop the van. I quickly press the brake with my foot before asking them what's wrong. But instead of answering me, they walk out from the van and heading to aa crowded area a few feet from us. I follow their track to the crowded area to see what's wrong. I push pass people, ignoring their protest to get to know what happened. When I reach the front, I don't see anything except blood, and a broken bracelet. Isn't that Emma's bracelet? Walking pass the yellow cross line and polices protest, I grab the bracelet with blood stained on it. I widen my eyes. It's Emma's bracelet. I walk out from the cross line and walk over to the others. I show them the bracelet and let them scan it for a while before they widen their eyes realising it's Emma's. I nod my head before walk over to the police. I don't care if they might notice who I am, I'm still going to ask them.

"Excuse me sir, do you know where is the person tha-" my sentence is being cut off when I saw two paramedics carry a red head girl into the ambulance. I run over to them and hold them on so that they don't get into the ambulance. I need if that's my girl. As soon as I reach them I look over the body and I don't believe what I see. There laying my girl with blood over her head and bruises over her body. I feel like crying when I see her. I'm about to take her when the paramedics hold me back.

"I'm sorry sir, but you can't take her. We need to send her to the hospital as soon as possible so she won't be dead," one of the paramedic says before they push her into the ambulance. I'm about to get in but they stop me. "We can't let anyone come with us, and we don't accept any excuses. You can go to the nearest hospital if you want to see her later on," he tells me then get into the ambulance and drives away.

I quickly run to the van, with the others following my action, and drive to the nearest hospital. I silently pray to God that he will save Emma. I don't think I can live without her by my side. Again, I'm driving like a maniac to the hospital using the short way, but of course we have to stuck in the traffic. I let out a loud scream and hit my head a few times on the steering wheel. No one dares to say anything. Luckily, after stuck in the traffic for less than thirty minutes, we finally arrive at the nearest hospital. I ask the nurse where is Emma Carters' room. She tells me that she's still in the Intensive Care Unit. I thank her before rush to the direction she told me earlier. When I'm about to walk in, one of the nurses holds me back and tells me to wait at the waiting room. I want to barge and yell at her but I hold it back. I don't want to cause a scene, especially when the love of my life is in the state of dying. No! Don't think that Jason! She will be alright!

I take a sit beside Alex. I really want to cry but I need to hold it back. Few minutes later, I can't handle it anymore, I break down crying. Alex tries to calm me down but it doesn't work. After seems like forever, the doctor comes out from the room. He takes his mask and his gloves off before looks at us. He let out a sigh before says, "I'm sorry, but we tried our best-"

No, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening! Emma can't be dead! I run out from the hospital, ignoring their yelling telling to come back. Holding back my tears, I run to the van and drive away, away from the pain.

__________________________________

One more chapter until it's done ):

Tell me what you think. I want to hear your rant (;

Thank you for reading (: