Chapter 1

Voices kept echoing in my head.

Someday?

Someday.

My dream from last night reminded me of two years ago. I was so naive back then. My senior year started today, and although Cory said that meeting the world took years, I feel as though I have already met it all. If there was more to the world than I already know, then I don't want to find out.

I looked at the clock, 7:00. I groaned and slowly got myself ready for school. I was in charge of taking Riley to school since I had gotten my license and car much before she did. It wasn't much of a choice.

I climbed through her window as usual, and of course she was happy. She seemed happier now that today was our first day.

She spotted me through the reflection of her mirror and her grin got wider, if that was possible.

"Maya! Are you ready to finally rule the school?" She bounced towards me.

I simply shrugged my shoulders. She was clearly unsatisfied with my answer as she started to give me a lecture about being happy and finally being the queens.

I started to zone her out as I thought about our freshman year. We walked through those doors as if we'd rule it. We were so wrong. There was so much to learn. Riley was still excited about everything. We were still friends with the gang. One thing has changed though. We've grown a lot since then. Some of us had grown more than others.

"I'm glad to see that smile on your face" I had barely realized I started smiling. "Now let's go!" She dragged me through the window I had came from.

---

Finding a parking spot was easy since the parking lot was almost empty. It was only 7:40 and school didn't start for another 30 minutes. We came early to avoid the crowds. I hated crowds.

As we reached our lockers, Lucas and Zay were already there. Riley ran towards Lucas giving him a big bear hug.

"Are you ready to be the kings?"

"You bet we are" Lucas high-fived Zay, probably thinking about how they were now the star players on the Varsity Football team.

"We are too" Farkle called out as he came up to us hand-in-hand with Smackle.

"There are our two favorite geniuses" Riley smiled at them.

"How could you guys be so happy about school. We've been here for 3 years too long." I groaned as I closed my locker shut.

"We've only been here for 3 years Maya." I rolled my eyes at him. Sometimes I wondered why Lucas didn't understand my point.

"That's the point Lucas." His expression was blank before he too rolled his eyes. I guess he just wasn't used to me calling him Lucas.

More people started to fill the halls. I looked at the time and noticed that class was starting soon. "I'm going to class" I quickly told them before walking off.

I hated crowds.

---

Thank god school was over. If it wasn't for Riley, I would have left periods ago.

"Maya, I just wanted to tell you.." She stopped her sentence.

"Are you going to keep going?" I glanced at her before turning my attention back to the road.

"Uncle Josh is back." She finally sighed out. I took a while to process what she said before abruptly stepping on the breaks. Thankfully no one else was on the street. Unluckily, both Riley and I flung forward.

I took a deep breathe and slowly started driving again. "Since when?"

"Yesterday." From the corner of my eyes I could tell she was worried.

"Did you tell him about-"

"That's your story to tell, not mine." She was right. It was my story. I wasn't planning on telling it though.

"Good." The rest of the ride was silent. I was too lost in my thoughts about Josh to notice.

After dropping Riley off, I fell onto m bed. Josh was back and I wasn't ready for it.

I decided to take a shower before heading to Riley's to eat dinner. Shawn and Mom were travelling around the world. I had forced her to go along with Shawn. She wanted to stay with me, to make sure I was okay. I didn't let her stay back for me though. Along with the Matthew's I assured that I was going to be okay. The Matthew's helped by offering to give me a place to stay when I felt lonely and dinner every night.

--

"It smells great in here" I say as I walk through the door. Topanga was in the kitchen setting up some pasta and garlic bread for us to eat.

"Thanks sweetie, Riley's coming out soon" She greeted me. I slid into my usual seat. My stomach was growling from the smell. It didn't help that I skipped lunch again since I just wasn't feeling it.

"So how was school girls?" Cory asked as we started to eat.

"It was great! The only downside was that Maya here didn't eat lunch again." She looked at me shaking her head.

"You've got to eat Maya." Cory advised me.

"I know, I'm trying." I give a small smile. Even I knew that was a lie. Hey, at least I was eating dinner.

We were at the bay window, as usual, when dinner was over.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Riley asked me again. It was the third time today.

"Riley, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I tried to reassure her.

"If you're not, you're going to tell me right?" She held out her pinky.

"Right." I laughed at her silliness as I hooked my pinky onto hers.

"MY BROTHA!" I hear Cory shout from behind the door. My eyes widened in fear. I was not ready.

The fear was obvious in my eyes.

"It's okay Maya." Riley tried to comfort me. It wasn't working.

"I'm sorry Riley." I quickly jumped out the window as the door to her room opened.

The cold air was hitting me, but all I could think about was the man in her room.

"Uncle Josh." I hear Riley give him a hug.

"Riley." I could just see the grin on his beautiful face. "I heard Maya was here."

"She just left." Riley sighed.

I let out the breathe I didn't know I was holding.

I stared out into the dark sky. I missed his voice so much. I missed seeing him and jumping on him every chance I got. I miss those days.

I was scared. I couldn't get myself to see him. I slowly crawled down the fire escape and to my car.

I couldn't face him after what happened, nor did I want to.

Hey guys! Just so you know, I have a different version of this story on fanfiction. It general has the same idea and plot, but this Wattpad version is rewritten. I hope you guys enjoy!