Chapter 15

"Fine, you were right." I tell Josh as we lay in the grass. This was starting to become a habit of ours. There was something about laying on the grass with Josh. I felt at peace. I felt safe. I felt happy.

"Right about what?"

"Lucas." Josh and I had an open relationship. We told each other everything. Well almost everything. I didn't want to tell Josh that his roommate was my rapist. How could I just tell him something like that. That the person he was living with did that to me. I could barely get the words out to Riley and Farkle. I implied it and that was as far as I could get. Instead I lied through my teeth. I told him it reminded me of that night. The shadows and all were still affecting me. I hated lying to him, but this was something I just couldn't say. 

He gave a heavy sigh. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing." He sat up. 

"Nothing?"

"Nothing. I'm just going to pretend I don't know anything." I too sat up.

He said nothing. He bit his lip, making him look incredibly hot but also like he was hiding something. I decided not to question it. 

"Don't worry." I gave him a reassuring smile, moving my hand to his face.

He moved closer giving me a sweet kiss. Of course I reciprocated. I've moved past the whole touching thing after remembering how great it was to kiss the guy you like. Maybe it was only with Josh though. I wasn't going to go around testing it out though.

----

"So what are you going to do?" Riley whispered to me in class. This question sounded familiar. 

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" Riley raised a brow. The Matthews were really similar. 

"I'm just going to ignore it." 

"That's not a good idea." She stated.

I raised a brow at her. "Why not?"

She started to doodle in her notebook as the teacher decided we could have free time since her lecture was done.

"Well, your idea of ignore it includes ignoring the person."

"What?" I give a small disbelieving laugh. "It does not."

"It does." 

"Riles, you're thinking of it too much. Don't worry about it." 

She shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever you say peaches." She did not believe me one bit.

The bell rang signaling for the next class. Lucas, Smackle, and Farkle were in my class. 

"Start pairing up, we're doing a lab today. Well, you guys should already know that I've been talking about it." The teacher at the front said. 

Okay so I was normally Lucas' partner, but today I wanted to be Farkle's partner. I asked Smackle if I could and of course she let me. She loved to mess around with Lucas while trying to make Farkle jealous. Smackle didn't know it, but Farkle did get jealous. He knew they were just friends though. Plus he knew about Lucas' feelings for me.

"This isn't a good idea Maya" Farkle told me as we did our lab. Well he did the lab. I was never a big fan of science, and I'm still not. 

"You and Riley need to stop worrying. I'm not ignoring him. I just wanted to work with you today."

"Mhm sure. You're not even working." I rolled my eyes at him and started to help him. He didn't me one bit either.

Okay so maybe the girls restroom next to Lucas' locker was closer, but the restroom in the library was the cleanest.