Chapter 20

Where was I? Why was it so dark? Why can't I leave? 

"Riley?" Nothing

"Josh.." Empty

"Farkle, Smackle?" The darkness just kept getting deeper. There was no way out. 

Why am I alone? What am I saying, of course I'm alone. I brought this upon myself. It was all my fault. If I didn't go to the stupid party.

"Maya." Who's voice was that, I didn't recognize it. 

"Who's there?" I'm scared.

"You're friend of course."

"Who.."

"Willis, obviously." Hands grabbed my wrist and put them behind my head. I couldn't get out. No matter how much I struggled I couldn't get out. 

Suddenly, I was alone. My clothes ripped off and I was tired. I was in the alley. What did I do? Why did this happen to me? I'm not me anymore. I've been..defiled. I've been tainted. I'm so dirty. 

Why won't this dirt come off? How can I get it off me? Someone please tell me. 

There was something at the end of the alley. It wasn't the same as everywhere else. It was green. I walked towards the green. I couldn't go there though. It was because I wasn't like over there. I was dirty.

I can't breathe anymore. I couldn't see. It was dark. I dropped to my knees. Why can't I breathe? There was a buzzing noise in my ears. I couldn't hear anything. 

Suddenly there was a muffled voice. I looked around but I still couldn't see anything. 

"Maya please.." It was Riley but I couldn't answer her. I couldn't breathe. It was getting harder to breathe by the second. I was taking gasps for air, but nothing was going through. 

"Maya!" I heard a shuffling. I could barely hear it. 

"Uncle Josh, I need your help please...We're at Washington Square Park..Okay...-ya...-can't tell you on the phone-..yes it's about-...Hurry!" 

There was no such this as time here. 

It was as if it had been eternity since I last saw something or heard something, yet at the same time it felt as if no time had passed either. 

I could hear Josh's muffled voice now. It seemed as if he was breathing heavily. Why was he here? No. I don't want him to see me like this. I'm dirty, he can't see me. He can't know. He won't accept me anymore. Nobody will. I was a dirty piece of used tissue that nobody wanted. I was trash. 

A hand was coming for me.

"GET AWAY. DON'T TOUCH ME! STAY AWAY FROM ME." 

And soon everything was just dull.

----

I was in a bed. Who's bed? Wasn't I in an alley just now?

"Everything's okay now" A soft voice said. "Relax, you're safe" The voice was familiar. I've known this voice for years, yet I can't put my finger on who it was.

I was shaking. That's why I was being comforted. Since when was I shaking. I was scared to open my eyes. What if I'm still naked? My hand cautiously went to my body. Only then did I realize that there was a large coat over me. I was under the blanket. 

"I'll always be here for you Maya.." I slightly nodded my head before everything drifted to black again. 

---

My eyes fluttered open to me being in bed. I hadn't left where I was. I was in an alley, no wait, I was at the park in NYU with Riley. Then her boyfriend came, and then his bro-. I couldn't even think it.