Chapter 16

I am starting to run out of excuses to not go to NYU, let alone Josh's apartment. By that I mean I don't want to visit. I did, however, apply for their arts program. I'm just about done with my personal statement and portfolio. I was also applying to USC, UPenn, CIoA, and Brown. When I was in middle school, I would've scoffed at my school choices. I would've thought that there was no way I could have the motivation to apply, let alone get in. Now that I'm almost done with high school, I've tried hard and I could see myself possibly getting in. It was possible for me. I didn't do all that hard work for nothing. 

I strayed off topic but I mean college is really important to me. My mom and Shawn want me to go, so I'm determined to go. Well, I also want to see if I'm good enough to get into these colleges.

Back to the point, yesterday I told Josh that I was doing an art project for the millionth time. He's determined to see it now, but it was no where complete. It was true I had a project I was doing, but I hadn't touched it in a while. Almost since homecoming. I had a vision that I completed part way, but things have changed. It wasn't like that anymore. I was going to change it a little. I didn't want anyone to see it.

I wanted to ask Riley for advice but her phone has been off. She mumbled something about losing it. The Matthews believed that she should get herself a new phone instead of them buying it. It was to teach her something about responsibility or something. I guess it's more that Riley doesn't have a phone and can't answer, which totally sucks. 

I stopped staring at my incomplete painting and picked up my cell phone. I'd been rejecting Josh's dates so often lately, I decided it's my turn to plan something cute and romantic. It was always him planning something. 

"Hello?"

"I'm clearing all your plans" 

"What?" He chuckled at the fact that I was not going to greet him let alone ask him to go out. 

"We're going out. Dress comfortably with shoes and come over when you're done. I'm driving." I didn't wait for his response and hung up. I take longer to get ready than him, I needed the head start. 

I quickly rushed my shower and dried my hair. I did my makeup, making it light as I only used foundation, eyebrows, eyeliner, and mascara. 

I wore a pair of spandex and a loose black tank. As I was putting on my NMDs the door knocked. I quickly pushed my foot into the shoe and opened the door.

"Perfect timing. Can you grab 2 water bottles?"

"Where are we going?" He asked as he grabbed to water bottles in the corner of the kitchen.

"I'm sure you can guess." Josh was wearing a simple blue tshirt and black sweats. I guess that was good enough.

"Hiking?" He asked as he looked over my outfit and the backpack over the dinner table. 

"Ding ding ding" I say to him as I grab my backpack. It was almost empty but I was going to put my keys and a few supplies in there. I also had an extra backpack in the trunk for Josh. "Go to the car and get the backpack from the trunk. Put the water bottles in there and wait in the car."  I toss him the keys as he just shrugs and walks out the door.

I quickly grab the rest of the supplies and eventually meet him at my car. I swing into the driver's seat and immediately, we are off. 

"So which hiking spot?"

"You'll see." I smile. 

"I feel like you're picking up my date manners." 

"You mean with all the surprises?" I see him nod from the corner of my eye. "You're right."