1. Chapter 8

Newt slowly approached the enclosure in which the Erumpent was currently inhabiting. He opened his briefcase quickly and pulled out a vial. (Name) recognised it as male Erumpent pheromones, and she groaned in detest. Newt gave her a quick glare, hushing her up quickly. He tipped a small amount on his wrist and rubbed the other against it, as if he were putting on perfume. Nasty smelling perfume, that is. He handed the vial to Mr. Kowalski. "Stay put. And don't laugh like you did last time," he warned (Name).

"Can't make any promises~" (Name) whisper-yelled. Newt squinted is eyes at her, but continued walking towards the large beast anyways. The massive creature was currently intimidating a poor, significantly smaller hippopotamus, and seriously wanted to 'do the do.' Newt strode up behind the beast, keeping his distance, cupped his hands around his mouth, and let out a ridiculous squawk, of sorts. (Name) snickered, and quickly covered her mouth. Newt then proceeded to lift his right leg high into the air and stomp it on the floor in front of him, loudly. By this time, he had definitely caught the attention of the sexually-intoxicated female beast. He slithered his foot around to the back of his body and solidified his stance.

Oh, how much (Name) enjoyed this next part. She recalled back to when he asked her opinion on the dance when he was practicing it. (Name) thought it hilarious he would even attempt such a thing, but she helped him regardless. Let's just say, the following moves were entirely her idea, and they, not so surprisingly, worked tremendously well:

Newt hopped and spun on the spot, planting his feet square on the ground. He lifted his coat up, and waggled his behind towards the beast. The next few movements involved more tush wiggling, pig snorting, tumbling around on the floor, dramatically falling over, and limb-flailing.

And (Name) almost passed out from lack of air.

Unfortunately, during Newt's fantastic display of... animalistic behaviour, a sea lion rudely interrupted the relative peace Mr. Kowalski was feeling. He jumped in surprise at the animal's honk, and dropped the Erumpent's hormones. (Name) gasped, and she looked towards the Erumpent for a reaction. There was a reaction indeed. Newt's attempt at getting her interested in him again was amiable, but it didn't work very well, as almost instantly, the Erumpent charged directly at the terrified Mr. Kowalski, who yelled and ran in the opposite direction. (Name) luckily, dodged the hormone-induced rage and hid behind some rubble left over from a wall falling down.

"Are you alright, (Name)?" Newt asked, as he rushed over to her aid.

"Aside from being out of breath from laughing and escaping a horny beast, I think I'm okay!" (Name) said in between giggles. He smiled at her, knowing that she was safe, but he still took her hand as he helped her step over the rubble. (Name)'s feet touched the pavement, and she handed Newt his briefcase. Newt, then, got out his wand, hoping a spell might be able to slow the racing creature. However, a monkey beat him to it, quickly snatching the wizard's wand right out of his hand. "Really?" (Name) asked, almost infuriated at this point. She picked up a stick and waved it at the small ape. "Look! This one is just like it! Don't you want this one instead?" After a little coaxing, the trade was successful; Newt finally got his wand back.

Newt, still holding onto (Name)'s hand and his briefcase, rushed over to the terrified Mr. Kowalski, only to find him upside-down in a tree. "I'm impressed he's still alive! But, how'd he get up there?" (Name) asked, tipping her head to the side. Mr. Kowalski yelped as the Erumpent crashed its massive horn into the tree, secreting a liquid into the bark. Newt and (Name) took a few steps back as the ooze began to glow within the trunk of the tree. Slowly, the tree began to snap, and a small explosion caused the entire tree to collapse to the ground, bringing a scared-stiff muggle down with it.

Scrambling to his feet, Mr. Kowalski dashed towards the bridge they had previously walked over, and he skid along the ice that layered the entire pond. In a hormone-induced frenzy, the Erumpent chased after him, and it, too, skid along the ice. Thinking quickly, Newt picked up his suitcase and ran towards the ice-dancing creature, leaving (Name) to sit on the edge of the pond. He slid along the ice and snorted, trying to gather the attention of the intoxicated Erumpent. It slowed on the ice and Newt flew into its side, pressing it into his briefcase. It rapidly shrunk inside, as it neared the spinning muggle lying on the ice. Mr. Kowalski let out a yell in fear as its face grew closer and closer, opening its mouth wide. It reached him, but, luckily, Newt had almost entirely sucked up the beast, so as a final effort, the female Erumpent stuck out its tongue and licked Mr. Kowalski's face, covering him in slobber.

Newt closed the case and he slid down onto his knees in front of Mr. Kowalski, who, very gratefully, thanked him. (Name) giggled at the reunion and sat down on the floor, placing her feet on the ice.

"Are you alright, Mr. Kowalski?" Newt asked, looking at him with concern. Mr. Kowalski laughed and pat his arm.

"Please, call me Jacob."
~~~
"Y'know, Newtie, that dance has improved significantly since the last time you performed it with me around. Have you been practicing?" (Name) joked, poking fun at the flushed man.

"Well, I-erm... yes," Newt responded, ducking his head. (Name) and Jacob chuckle at his admittance.

"Well, if it worked on that thing, I bet it'll work on a couple of birds, eh?" Jacob said, nudging his side, teasingly, raising his eyebrows suggestively towards Newt and (Name). The pair of friends glanced at each other and looked away quickly, their cheeks burning. Jacob laughed at their reactions and pat them both on the shoulders. They walked across the ice and (Name) slid slightly, catching on to Newt's arm, which quickly encircled her waist to keep her steady. Their blushes darkened. He helped her straighten herself and walked ahead of her.

Newt set down the briefcase under the bridge and stepped inside, guiding (Name) along by the tips of his fingers. Jacob followed quickly after. Newt and Jacob headed outside of the shed and they checked on all of the beasts inside. (Name), however, decided to stay inside the entry-shed, and heard a loud click and a thump coming from the hatch leading to the outside world. She stepped up on the ladder and jiggled the latch. It didn't budge.

"Newt! We've been locked in!"
~~~~~~
Author's note: it's almost the holidays, which means that I will be able to write more frequently!!!!!!

Let me know if you notice any grammatical or plot mistakes!!

Questions, comments, concerns? Lemme know!

I hope you enjoyed reading! See you soon!

Byeeeee