2. Prologue

Wind billowed across the Seine, sharply buffeting the trees near the bank of the river. (Name) pulled her scarf up over her mouth, protecting it from the frigid chill of the night air. She stumbled on her feet slightly, having been nearly knocked over by the force of the wind, and she regained her footing on the curb of the road. She turned, facing the bright shine of the tallest building in France

"You sure this is the right place?" she asked herself, teeth chattering. A soft coo came from her breast pocket, causing her to bring her hand to it affectionately. "Calm down, little one. I'll find you a new mummy soon enough. I just hope he's here, like he said he was."

(Name) briskly walked toward the tower, coming to a halt near the legs of the building. "This better be worth it..." (Name) said, glancing around warily. She strode over to the nearest stairwell and grabbed the door-handle. After struggling with it for a few seconds, she stepped back and booted it open; The loud bang reverberated through the scaffolding of the tower. "Alright, come on then."

A few minutes later, (Name) had reached the top of the tower — or the equivalent of what she could manage without access to magic. She struggled to catch her breath, and she hunched over, gasping heavily.

A moment passed, and (Name) rose to her full-height. She looked around for the man, trying to avoid looking past the comfort of the steel railing that separated her from a 100 metre drop.

The quiet humming coming from her pocket had become louder — more feverish than before. She reached into her pocket, delicate fingers wrapping around the small feathered body of the creature inside. She held it momentarily, easing its calls slightly, before she slowly took her hand out.

"I wondered where I would find you." (Name) spun around, widening her eyes at the sight of the stranger.

But stranger he was not. (Name) grinned.

"Yes, it's quite interesting being so high up. He's getting rather impatient because of it," (Name) said, gesturing to her coat pocket. "He feels the air getting thin." The man smiled slightly. "May I just say in person, how thankful I am for you taking him. It's not often someone will take a baby phoenix into their care," (Name) rambled, earning a small chuckle from the man.

"Yes, well. I wouldn't pass the opportunity to help someone who needs it, especially one of my favourite students," the Professor took a few steps nearer to (Name), placing a hand gently on her shoulder. "I'm ready," he said, lips quirking into a playful smile.

(Name) repeated her actions from earlier — stroking the soft down of the warm creature in her pocket. She pulled it out and cupped it in her hands, feeling the heat radiate from its plumage. She revealed to the Professor a small ball of orange feathers, and the Professor's smile turned into one of awe. The phoenix raised its head from the comfort of its feathers, blinking innocently at the new company.

"He's amazing..." The Professor paused. "I just realised I haven't the slightest idea what I mean to call him," the Professor noted, eyes never leaving the small bird in (Name)'s hands. "But I think today was quite convenient, don't you think, (Name)?" She rose her eyes to meet the professor's. (Name) glanced around, trying to recall the date.

"Bonfire Night? You're going to name him 'Bonfire Night'?" She asked, teasingly. The Professor chuckled, placing his large hands over hers, gently taking the phoenix from her grasp. He placed it into the inside of his coat — into a small pocket out of sight. "Thank you, Professor. I really do appreciate your help." The Professor quirked a brow.

"Now, now, (Name). I'm not your 'Professor' anymore," he said teasingly, eyes smiling at his former student. (Name) reddened and fumbled to find her words.

"Alright," (Name) hesitated, testing the foreign name on her tongue. "Thank you, Albus."

~~~~~~
So. I'm back?
It's been a hot minute since I last wrote something for this series. Can't say I didn't miss it.
Anywho, I have decided to continue writing the new movie in this book, for the sake of it being easier for readers to find it. Unless this story decides to become more than thirty chapters, I most likely will not be transferring it elsewhere; however, I will know within writing the first few chapters if this will happen (If this does happen, I will put a note in here telling you where you can find it).

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't be afraid to talk to me, I love hearing feedback!

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you soon!
Byeeeeee
xx