2. Chapter 5

The crowd fled, and Theseus pointed his Aurors forward. He, however, stayed behind, pushing (Name) back to the exits. "Go—"

"That's rich coming from you. My friends are still here. I am going nowhere." (Name) stood her ground, gaze fierce. Theseus sighed.

"You will never listen, will you?" A smile quirked on his lips, but it was short-lived. Theseus moved away quickly, rushing down to meet the advancing group of Aurors.

(Name) glanced around on the floor around her, failing to locate a possible weapon to protect herself. Deciding against wasting any more time, she began looking down the amphitheatre to locate her friends and saw a wall of black fire separating Grindelwald from the Aurors. A wizard — presumably a follower — ran into the flame, his body melting away into ashes and sparks; His yell of agony died out in the roar of the flame.

Grindelwald stood in the centre of the fire ring and swung out his arms extravagantly, inviting the wizards and witches to him. "Aurors, join me in this circle, pledge to me your eternal allegiance, or die. Only here shall you know freedom. Only here shall you know yourself." Grindelwald waved his wand, flame surging toward fleeing Aurors. "Play by the rules!" Grindewald seethed, the flames burning brighter. "No cheating, children."

Across the theatre, Nagini pulled at Credence's arm, begging him to not fall victim to the charms of the wizard. Newt, seeing Credence's doubt, called out to him, but the fire surrounding Newt grew wilder, and he fought harder to keep the inky flames from licking the sides of his coat and arms. Credence tugged out of Nagini's grasp and staggered toward the ring, stepping through the fire with ease. Grindelwald awaited him within the centre of the stage, arms wide. He met Credence with a hug, muttering praises into his ear.

"Walk with me!" The scream cut through the air, and (Name) witnessed Queenie separate from Jacob and turn to the black fire. Queenie cried out as she passed through the ring, joining Grindelwald's side, her sister's cries calling for her to come back. The pleas were ignored, and Queenie left, her apparition fading into the smoke.

Infuriated by her sister's betrayal, Tina spat out curses at Grindelwald, the fire lashing out at her and other Aurors as he guided the flame toward them. He turned his attention to the Scamander brothers, standing side by side, wands ready.

"Mr. Scamander. Do you think Dumbledore will mourn for you?" He asked, a grimace lacing into his freatures. Grindelwald surged a burst of the black fire at them, the brothers slashing out their wands to defend themselves. Helplessly, (Name) stood at the top of the stairs watching her friends struggle against the flame, unsure about how she would be able to help. The fire grew darker, and it inched its way up the stairs, flicking at (Name)'s shoes with enough strength to burn through the leather.

"Grindelwald! Stop!" At the sound of Leta's yell, the fire faltered, effectively catching the attention of the wizard. Theseus, now aware of his fiancée's presence, fought harder, desperately trying to get closer to Leta as he cleared clearing a path to her.

Grindelwald moved effortlessly toward her. "Leta Lestrange. Despised entirely amongst wizards. Unloved. Mistreated. Yet Brave. So very brave." He held her gaze and stretched out a hand. "Time to come home."

"Leta! Don't you dare!" (Name) threatened, her voice finally coming back to her. Grindelwald narrowed his eyes, teeth bearing in an animalistic sneer. Casting a haphazard, albeit swift, ball of flame at her, he grazed (Name)'s calf with his fire, burning through her trousers. She fell to the ground, clutching her leg as she wrenched out a cry of agony. The wound, bubbling and scorched, was more unbearable than any simple burn could have been, the pain searing. (Name) cried as she brought the blistering leg closer to her. Looking up through salty tears, (Name) beared witness to the black flames consuming Leta's form. She cried out in anguish, tears as hot as the growing flames around her. The fire exploded, and (Name) shut her eyes as she prepared to take the hit.