2. Epilogue

Albus placed the cup in front of (Name) leaning against the desk in the front of the room. Newt had left a few minutes ealier, after the Niffler attempted to steal Dumbledore's kettle.

"Yeah, ole' Grindly-Wall can't take me down that easy. This burn is merely a flesh wound," (Name) quipped, a half-smirk gracing her tired features. Albus snorted, looking over the rim of his teacup with amused eyes and shaking his head fondly. He paused.

"Looks like Theseus and Nagini have taken a liking to you then?" Dumbledore started, arching a brow. (Name) hiked herself onto his desk, crossing her ankles daintily, but minding of her swollen calf.

"Honestly, I don't know. I think they're just looking for support from someone, and I am the only one readily available to give it to them." (Name) cupped her mug in her palms, staring down at it blankly. "It's nice to be properly needed for once, though," She joked, raising her head to look at the professor briefly, before casting her gaze to the stack of parchment on a student's desk in front of her.

Dumbledore tutted and placed his cup down, moving into her line of sight and standing her square on. "I don't think you realise how much that isn't true, (Name)." She looked away, marvelling at the elaborate beamed arches lining the ceiling. She sighed after a beat, changing the subject.

"Alright, what was the matter? What did you want us to talk about?" (Name) asked. Albus reached into his pocket, pulling out a familiar bundle of feathers. (Name) smiled at Fawkes; he'd grown since last time.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the stories I've told you about your family—"

"Albus, I'm sorry, but I'm not worthy of him—"

"(Name)," Albus said firmly. "You are far more deserving than you believe. Fawkes came to you when you needed him. Just because you don't have magic anymore doesn't mean you aren't part of the family — my family." (Name) turned her head to the side guiltily, thrumming her fingertips along the sides of her mug. "You earned that phoenix, (Name)." (Name) huffed, turning to look at the professor with a disjointed expression. She sipped on her tea, thinking quietly.

"Alright. But Newt can't know about any of this. I don't want him to know about who I am, especially in relation to you." Albus's lips quirked into a soft smile, pleased with the agreement.

"Yes, of course." He placed the phoenix into (Name)'s hands gently.

"Okay, well, now that that's settled, I have some friends I need to comfort. We'll meet for tea again soon, yeah?" (Name) stood from her seat, placing the chick onto her shoulder. Fawkes spread his wings, becoming noticeably larger, but barely surpassing his fledgling stage. He preened at (Name)'s hair fondly.

"I thought that was a given." Albus's soft smile grew to a grin as he walked over to hug (Name). "But you do need to tell Scamander one day—" She pulled away.

"Albus, I'm sorry, that's not something I feel that I am emotionally prepared to do. Newt is my best friend, but I just—" (Name) sighed. "I don't want him to feel obligated to pity me, or be worried about me any more than he already does, or be upset that I've lied to him for nearly two decades." Albus frowned. "I'm sorry, but Newt can't know who I am." Albus tilted his head back in thought, leaning against his desk once more.

"Will you at least show Newt your phoenix? You don't need to tell him anything, but I want you both to take care of Fawkes." Albus looked into (Name)'s eyes, a stern expression coating his features. (Name) looked at the phoenix and scratched him on his cheeks gently. She caved:

"Oh, alright," She said, smiling softly.

"Good that. Take care, will you? No more injuries?"

"Can't make any promises," (Name) said, a cheeky grin settling on her face. "I'll see you soon, Albus Dumbledore."

"And I, you, (Name) Dumbledore."

~~~~~~

First things first, I am aware that this is cliche.

Secondly, I'd like to note that I hadn't originally intended for it to be this way, but given the fact that I had accidentally predicted a major plot point and used it in my prologue prior to the movie's release, I couldn't do anything to change it.

I felt that changing a plot point like that so early into this book was a bad idea, so I'm just going to work with it and hope I don't do something like this again for a future movie. (This is a regular occurrence for me, I've ruined many movies for myself and other people in the past. Many, many movies.)

Anyways, I'm sorry for the stupidly long delay for these last few chapters. I've been hopelessly busy over the past few months with moving house, writing a senior thesis, rewriting that same senior thesis, graduating, writing chapters for my other story, and working on a new project for you guys as well.

Also, I'm aware that there aren't many chapters to this second book. I focused more on quality of my writing over quantity of chapters, and I hope it actually reflects in practice.

Long winded author's note aside, I really hope you enjoyed my story. I'm not done with this series; however, I will not be able to continue writing until the next movie comes out (November 2021). If you want to read some other works written by me, I have a WIP fanfiction called "Thief." I also have one-shot book that I have just released, where I will be taking requests and publishing my own fic ideas~

TL:DR, I accidentally have a — sort of — cliche plot build up. I was busy and I have "excuses" for why it took ages to post these last chapters, but you won't need to worry about this story until the next movie comes out. The chapters were short because quality over quantity. I have other fanfics, Thief and One Shot, you can read until I continue this book :)

Anywayssss~~ if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't be afraid to leave a comment or message me. Show your support anyway you deem fit, and I will write to you again soon~!

Byeeee <3