Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My breathing was heavy as I ran through the cold rainy night. My hair flew wildly as the icy winds slapped me on the cheeks. The inside of my legs were smeared with blood and my legs wobbled but I continued on. My ripped dress flowed around and dances in the winds. I cradled the tiny creature in my arms as he wailed and wailed for a feeding.

I stopped and was sure that I was safe for the moment. The world tilted a bit and I leaned against the walls. My head pounded like someone took a sledgehammer to it and I was getting weaker. I bent down as i held my abdomen in pain.

A few blocked away, I saw a building that said "Orphanage" in big letters. I thought it over and cried holding and cradling him to me tightly. I took off my cross necklace that was a pointy cross with a marble in the middle of it. I gently put it around his neck and clipped it on. I also put a picture of me in the blanket that was wrapped around him. I slid my finger over the blanket and embedded his name into it.

I stood up, shaking like a leaf and I know I won't survive long to see him grow into a man. But I know, his destined partner will take care of him when I'm gone. As I walked towards the orphanage, the edges of my vision began to darken. I laid him in front of the door gently as he slept peacefully after I calmed him down with some of my blood.

I laid next to him, in the rain playing with the silky soft black hair. My breathing got heavier as I started to drift off into a dark slumber. L

"Live on. Grow into the most powerful creature and save his world from disaster. Grow and trust people who want to help you. Live on my son."

I closed my eyes as the door opened and a scream ringed in my ears. Be safe.

My Ruruka...