Chapter 4

~hey you guys :) so this is my forth update on his story in ONE day! Holy cow tits. Like I said if you didn't read the intro that i have a good feeling about this story so I'm just excited on writing it. Hope you guys enjoy :3~

Chapter 4

A young women was in a cave with a young man. I couldn't see them very clearly though. She was rubbing her belly.

"Anytime now." She announced, her black hair wet from the rain that poured outside. The man stood up, his black long trench jacket flowing behind him. He pulled up his hood.

"I have to go but ill be back later to pick you up." He stated and she nodded. He kissed her belly and then in a flash, he was gone.

It skipped and next thing you know, the women was screaming to the top of her lungs, no one in the cave to help her. She was giving birth. She leaned against the wall, spreading her legs and was pushing. Once she had finally gotten the baby out, all by herself, she took out a pocketknife and cut the umbilical cord.

It skipped to her running. Where was the man? What was happening? Her dressed was ripped and blood was smeared down her legs. Everything was still a bit blurry and I couldn't make out the people. She was running from someone but what? She held onto the baby in her hands that was wailing. Lightening struck in that air.

I snapped my eyes open and jumped up as lightening struck the sky. My heart was pounding in my chest and I quickly grabbed the picture and my blanket. I rushed out of my room to go Zanaisa's room when the electricity shut off. I had the urge to scream but didn't want to wake up the whole house. I ran down halls and opened a random door which happened to be the boiler room. I slammed the door without meaning to and ran behind a large box like thing, putting the blanket over me and wrapped myself in it.

I was panicking and I didn't even know why. All I knew was that I hated storms ever since I was little. I heard another thunder strike and I whimpered. I looked at my moms picture and held it near the necklace.

I heard footsteps coming closer to the door. It swung open to reveal Zanaisa as she ran towards me. She took me in her arms, and I closed my eyes, shaking like a leaf. I can't believe I'm 17 and I'm still scared of storms and find comfort in this women. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death but just that though makes me feel a little weird.

We heard banging from places and she held my cheeks.

"Do you trust me?" She asked, looking into my eyes. I nodded and she nodded back. "I need you to stay here but remain calm okay? Here." She handed me a tiny box that had a handle on the side with a mirror.

"Spin it and it would play music. I want you to just look at the mirror and imagine happy thoughts just until I get back." I was so confused on what was happening. Who's here? I wanted to ask questions as I heard more banging.

I just looked at her desperately and she kissed my forehead and pointed to the box. She put my blanket over my head a little, making me feel a bit more protected so I nodded. That's when she ran out and locked the door.

At first, I got panicky again. She locked me in here! But then I looked at the box and opened it to the mirror. I winded the handle and stared at my reflection as it stared back at me. It began a soft tune. After a bit, I didn't hear anything. No storm. No banging. Nothing by the music. I laid on the floor, still humming the tune and stared at the small mirror.

I was drifting a bit. I was tired. I was relaxed. I wanted to sleep. So that's what I did.

??? Pov:

More and more keep arriving.

A bit more than usual.

I sighed a bit, reaching behind me and taking out my long, black sword which gotten thick at the top and more pointy and deadly at the tip. I jumped and swung my sword easily before landing swiftly to the other side setting the sword next to me. All of the creatures that were in front of me, heads came off and they all evaporated.

I walked to the orphanage where I saw Zanaisa swinging her black and red death scythe around, killing off the creatures.

"Where is Ruruka?" I stated formally and I looked at her. She looked at me a bit irritated but I didn't care.

"I know it's your job to protect him, so how about helping me finish these so he won't die." She rolled her eyes and in a matter of 15 minutes, it was all over. Her death scythe started folding itself and shrunk to a small metal pen. She placed it in her pocket.

"Do you think now is a really good time that you should meet him? He's shaken up. I got him on the lullaby..." She drifted off as she remembered. We went into the house as she swung the door open to see a bundle of blankets curled up on the floor and two feet peeking out of it.

I quietly walked over to him, bending down. My breath caught in my throat when I saw his sleeping face. I moved some hair out of the way of his face, looking over him. Exactly the same as when the last time I saw him. I stroked his cheek which such care and gentleness.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to save your mother," I whispered and kissed his temple. I gently lifted him into my arms, cradling him in the blankets as I followed Zanaisa to where his room was.

I laid him gently onto the bed, putting the picture of his mother on his night stand. I sat on the edge of his bed, staring at him.

"We need to talk... About what's going to happen to Ruruka." I said sternly.

"No. He's only sevente-"

"Exactly." I interrupted a bit rudely and kept my back to her. "We can't hide this from him forever. He needs to at least know who he is. I want to protect him. I really do. And I know you do to, but sooner or later, the time will come."

She sighed. " I've seen what happened to him over the years and he's so fragile. I don't want to put more stress on his shoulders then he already has."

I nodded. "I don't like this as much as you do." I petted his hair a bit. "When he starts to feel the effects, call me. We will arrange for me to stay here to keep a closer eye on him."

"But-" she tried to explain but I transported from the room to a tall building a couple feet away. I sat there and thought about some things.

All I hoped is that even though you might not remember, that you trust me enough and give me your love like you had back then. I made a promise and I intend to keep that promise. I will never betray you..

My Ruruka.