Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ruruka's POV

My eyes drifted open to meet Lukas beautiful eyes. I can never get enough of them. I sat up and stretched. I have been sleeping a lot lately but I guess it comes with my energy being sapped from me.

"Rise and shine my Ruruka." Luka smiled but I noticed it was a bit uncomfortable. It was still a bit light out so my guess is that it was around 2-3 pm. "I was wondering if you wanted to do anything today? Like to get out of the house. Maybe take a walk in the woods or go somewhere fun." Luka suggested and he played with my hair, looking at me.

I guess it wasn't that bad. I need some fresh air from all the stress. I nodded to him and he smiled a bit before standing up, leaving the room so I can change. I quickly changed into some skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt, slipping on my converses before brushing my teeth and grabbing my things. I walked out the bedroom and remembered my way to the dining room. Unfortunately, Derek was in there but I saw him speaking with Anthony. I went to ask where Luka was when I heard the conversation.

I heard Derek's voice. "Luka and the others decided to chain him up in the basement tonight before twelve. I don't know what they are planning to do once Ruruka's other half comes out. Zanaisa said she can try to seal his powers up to a minimum during the time he's coming out along with Rurukas power but if she gets hurt in the process, I'm killing him." Derek said without any remorse.

"Hmm it sounds like you have feelings for Zanaisa, Derek." Anthony said with amusement in his voice. Derek didn't say anything and I peeked to see him looking at Anthony with his face red and a look of 'shut up and mind your business'. "It's okay I think you guys will make a good couple. Isn't that right Ruruka?" Anthony turned around and I ran but not before I saw Derek's shocked face turn to me.

All of this was a lot to take in. They want to chain me to the basement. I bumped into Luka and he went to say something but I pushed him away and ran. I didn't even look back to see his expression but I just kept running. I ran to the other side of the house and went up these staircase that hasn't been used and out of order. It was cement stairs and very narrow and goes in circles. It led straight to the library I went in before. Once I entered it, my legs taking me up the stairs till I recognize the glass shelf.

I sat on the floor with my back against it and curled up, thinking. I know they are doing this for protection and precaution but I'm still scared. They will chain me up? Who wouldn't be nervous? And the fact that they hadn't informed me about the situation, I don't know about this. Also, the fact that Zanaisa can get extremely hurt and that Derek will attempt to kill me. That's going to hurt.

I took calming deep breathes and looked up at the shelf. I wanted to open it. I wanted to see what's inside this book, what kind of things are inside. Is it a diary? Holding memories of me in past life's that I don't remember? Or does it tell me things that can help me with these situations? I have no idea. My eyes shift to the sword. It look vaguely familiar. I looked at the black, smooth blade and the fascinating design on the hilt.

Luka appeared out of nowhere and I jumped.

"You shouldn't be in here." He stated seriously. "He's getting stronger, the more you are close to that sword." Luka walked up to me and grabbed my arm, pulling me up.

I stared at him. "Why haven't you guys informed me on what you're going to do tonight?" I asked. He didn't say anything. "It's my body. I have the right t-" and Luka cut me off.

"And then your other half knows as well which means he will do anything to counteract it." Luka looked into my eyes. "We are trying to make this as easy as possible." He put his hand on my cheek and then glided it to the back of my neck. He came close to my face and I couldn't help but blush. "Don't make this harder than it has to." He said seriously and I frowned, my blush gone and he then pulled away.