Chapter 7

~hello! ^_^ *stuffs skittles in mouth* mm. But anyways, another chapter is here. I will be also updating MVB today for all the lovies who has been with me and saying they liked my story ;-; kbye~

Chapter 7

Ruruka's POV

2 weeks have passed during that time and the chest pains had stopped for a bit. I must be getting better, I smiled as the thought crossed my mind. If only I knew what was to come. As far as with Luka, I apologized for my outburst that day. I told him I had a lot on my mind and was going crazy because he looked very familiar and I hate not knowing or remembering things.

It was an excuse and he knew it but didn't question it.

We have gotten a bit closer and even though I don't trust him fully, I know that he wouldn't cause any harm. Not with a good amount of people at the orphanage anyways. Him and Zanaisa was having a private conversation and I was on my way to my room when I heard them talking in the other room. The door was slightly cracked open enough for me to hear the murmurs.

"Please!" It was Zanaisa's voice. She was pleading.

"It's for his safety and knowledge. He needs to know. He will start to question why I'm taking him out of the orphanage." Came Luka's voice. I melted a bit but then froze when what he said clicked in my mind.

Take me out of the orphanage? Why?!

"I know it's for his safety! But it's hard to even think about!"she started raising her voice. Luka hushed her a bit. "He's still so fragile and hasn't experience the world for himself as a human. He's been beaten and stomped on most of his life."

I winced. I played with my sleeve as I leaned my back against the wall. I know I've been beaten down. I have scars from numerous fights to prove it but just hearing it from another person made me sound 10 times weaker. I wanted to be strong. To be able to stand up to people and be a strong person. To be able to not walk around guarded all the time and to feel weak in a huge world. I wanted courage but nothing I do will stop the constant bullying. I will always be looked as the outsider. The one who is "special" as Zanaisa puts it.

I looked up from the floor and glared at the wall. Then I heard Luka.

"Telling him would be the best option. And like you said, he's been stomped on all his life, and this could be a time where he can finally stand up and show everyone he's not weak." He sighed when she sniffled. He basically just said what was in my head.

I heard shuffling and looked to see him holding her tightly, his face etched with worry and nervousness.

"I don't want to end up repeating what happened last time. It was horrible what I did to him." she sobbed out.

Now I was confused. She didn't do anything to me. What was she talking about? She took care of me all of my life.

I had enough and knocked lightly before entering slowly. I didn't miss when Zanaisa wiped her tears quickly, composing herself before turning around and smiling at me. I stared at her, silently asking what was going on? She moved her gaze from me to Luka.

I murmured like always, "I was wondering if we can go for that ice cream Zanaisa." I looked at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all sat at the expensive ice cream store and the tension was thick. I played around with my thick, smooth ice cream that had all different types of gummies in it and crumbled Oreos.

We all ate silently and no one brought up conversation. I looked around at all the teens that were here since its where a lot of teenagers hang out. They all chatted happily and without a care in the world. And I was sitting here. Like always. With no friends but these two. I was grateful, I really was. But I wanted friends who were my age. Who like the same things I liked and do things teenagers do.