06; breaking rules

TOUCH HIM AND ILL KILL YOU

❝ TOUCH HIM AND ILL KILL YOU ❞

"You can leave," His lips formed a straight line, but Vada could see the clear smile he tried to diminish.

"Look, Stephanie Meyer isn't a bad writer," She crossed her arms, cocking an eyebrow, "You're just one of those guys who says that because–" She paused.

"Because, why?" He smirked, a playful tease hinting at his lips.

"Because, I don't know – you're jealous or something."

He threw his head back, howling with laughter. She placed her fingers to her lips, scowling.

"I'm jealous?" He said through fits of laughter, "That's the best response you could utter up?"

His accent was clear, so distinctive that it made Vada's lips curve upwards, enjoyment dancing in her eyes.

"I don't know – Robert Pattinson's pretty hot." She shrugged. She tried to act annoyed, but with her arms crossed and her weight shifted on one leg, she couldn't help but let a small smirk crack through.

"That doesn't make her a good writer, Vada," He tilted his head, "Even Stephen King said she sucked."

"Stephen King was always too judgmental, anyways," She pursed her lips, "Who's he to judge? He's not the best writer out there."

It hurt her to say, physically – she loved Stephen King. He was one of her favorite authors. In fact, her favourite novel was written by him – She just wanted to get a rise out of him. She enjoyed watching him get bothered, serious.

His smile faltered, lips forming a straight line, "Excuse me?"

"I mean, has he ever written a love story with a hot vampire who sparkles? I don't think so," She laughed.

He shook his head and laughed, taking a pillow from his bed and whipping it at her head. She dodged it and it hit the wall behind her, falling to the ground with a thud.

"You tried," She smirked, "Now give me all your books. Let's see what you have."

She licked her lips and strolled over to his bookcase, an almost exact replica of what was in her room – just less dusty.

"Boring, boring," She slid her fingers across his collection, picking up bits of dust along the way. She caught a glimpse his annoyed reaction through the mirror, causing her to smirk.