31; fraternizing

I'M BLEEDING ALL OVER
THE FUCKING PLACE

❝ I'M BLEEDING ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE ❞

Rotting faces was all she could see. Their tinted green saliva smeared across the windows, their floundering bodies that lurched at the glass. It was as if it was the only thing that was there, in that house. She couldn't hear the growls over the shrill alarm, it muted their vigorous mouths that gnawed and snapped at the air. She was harrowed, numb and in somewhat of a fuzzy state, a buzzing in her mind with her eyes glued to the window. They were ugly. Ugly and rotting, and she'd never hated them so much in her life.

Negan was uttering curse words. Or maybe he was shouting, she couldn't tell. He had Lucille gripped tightly, rushing to the source of the ear splitting noise. He pounded at it, beat at the ceiling until it fell to pieces. Her ears buzzed and ached and still it wasn't silent. Fists pounded at the window and unearthly growls were muffled by the glass barrier.

Vada lowered her head and parted her lips. She wasn't sure why she was in such a state of shock. With her knuckles turning an ill white and her knees feeling something like jello, she thought she might vomit at any second. Her eyes were wet but her mouth was shrivelled, and taking one last glance at the numerous walkers, she was glad the smell hadn't wafted through.

"Vada." Negan's voice was stern and low. As he hurried over to her, he whipped out a handgun and shoved it in her palm. She glanced at it, then back up at him, lips curving downward. "Go to the bedroom and start shooting."

"What?" She stiffened with concern. She could feel her waterline glossing up, bottom lip quivering. She didn't know why she was acting so weak. Maybe it was lack of killing lately, it had been quite a while since she'd seen such a large group of walkers.

Or maybe it was because in such an old, dilapidated home walkers were pushing and shoving at every corner. She could basically feel the house shake with every fist pounding against the glass.

"I'm gonna go through the front door and get the ones gathered around the side of the house." He pointed his finger to the main entrance and sent a glance back at her. "Then I'm gonna go through the woods and kill the fuckers from behind. When you see me, cover me."

"No!" Her heart beat quickened, if that was possible. "Come upstairs with me. You can help me shoot."

He jerked his head to the gun in her hand. "That's the only one. You're a good shot. Now go." He placed his hand on her back and gave a gentle shove toward the stairs. She stopped and turned back to him, her shoulders slumped and her lips pouted.

"Do you have a knife?" She asked. Negan held up the bat in his hands. She shook her head, closing her eyes and rustling around in her pocket. "Take this."

"I'm fine."

"Don't fight with me. A bat is too hard to use when a walker is on top of you." She tossed the folding knife and he skillfully caught it before giving a slight nod of the head and hurrying off. Vada clenched her teeth and shut her eyes, grabbing onto strands of her hair and pulling. She must have looked like a haggard mess, but she wasn't about to go check.