36; confessions

I'VE WANTED YOU SINCE
THE DAY I MET YOU

❝ I'VE WANTED YOU SINCETHE DAY I MET YOU ❞

It was late when she finally returned to her old Alexandrian home. Although she didn't have a watch on her, the skies above with their lustrous stars informed her that it was nearing midnight. Through blurred vision and heavy eyes, she trailed up the steps to her home and swung open the torn screen door, hobbling into the living room. Kicking off her shoes, she wiped at her eyes and groaned inwardly, remembering the promise she made to Negan.

Carl wasn't anywhere to be seen, but when she made her way up the stairs and saw his door shut with the lights off, she figured he was already sound asleep. She entered her room, changed quickly into her pyjamas and formed a stiff posture in front of the grimy, full length mirror. It was no more than dull grey joggers and a black tank top, a sheer sweater hung loosely over her shoulders due to the chilly nighttime weather.

She then made her way downstairs after a quick stop to the bathroom to splash some ice cold water on her cheeks. She was practically falling asleep on her way out the door due to the long day she'd had, but figured a few more hours wouldn't hurt. Navigating her way through the unlit, windy foliage littered streets, she kept her eyes peeled for anybody standing outside on their porches. She was stealthy in the way she walked, each step barely audible until she reached the man's temporary home and stepped onto the crunchy leaves. With a quick glance back and forth, she hurried up the steps and stopped abruptly, seeing two men sitting outside the entrance. It was the faces of Simon and another unfamiliar man.

"Vada," Simon greeted with his infamous toothy smile. "Go on in, the man's been waiting."

The other guy let out a muffled chuckle, and Vada was sure to shoot him a quick glare before shaking her head and pushing open the door, cheeks blazing with redness. Of course he would have people guarding his overnight home, yet she hadn't taken that into consideration. And of all people, it had to be Simon. When the door was shut, she let out an embarrassed breath and closed her eyes, regaining herself.

Upon entering, she was met with the smell of a familiar food, although she couldn't quite place her finger on what it was. Kicking her shoes off, she trailed the corner to the kitchen and noticed a lonesome plate of mashed potatoes looking ready to eat. Furrowing her brow, she glanced over at the stove to see a pot of potatoes growing cold with the burner turned off. Tentatively, she grabbed the plate and scooped a spoonful into her mouth, figuring since they were cold and there was only one plate, it was meant for her. Not hating how it tasted, she continued on eating it and brought the dish with her to the stairs.

She walked up quietly, not wanting to wake him if he happened to still be up. She'd taken a quick peek at the clock and it was just past midnight; she felt horrible for leaving him waiting, but when she was with Vincent time flew right by. They talked about everything, filterless, just gazing at the stars and it wasn't anything she wanted to leave. She needed a friend like that in the apocalypse.