37; nostalgia

❝ YOU'RE A LITTLE
REBEL NOW ❞

❝ YOU'RE A LITTLE REBEL NOW ❞

She was woken up by the sound of the shower. It had taken her a few frantic seconds to realize that's what the noise was, sitting up abruptly in the bed sheets. Wiping down her face, she dropped her hands to the bed and plopped back down, emitting a drained sigh. She'd slept well, but spent most of the night chatting with Negan and got next to no sleep.

Swinging her legs off the bed, she sat up and stretched her arms. She cracked her fingers and reached for the book that Negan left by the bedside, the one she'd given him back at the loghouse. Remembering that day, she let a smile form on her face and a redness overcome her cheeks. Negan had gotten pretty far into the novel, seeming to only have around thirty pages left.

Smiling smugly, Vada hopped quite lazily from the sheets and turned the corner to the bed, exiting the room. She figured she should get back home before Carl woke up and realized she was missing, although she didn't want to leave Negan. Trudging down the stairs, she entered the kitchen and decided she'd make herself a steamy plate of potatoes before she left.

After heating them up quickly, she scooped a spoonful into her mouth and shut her eyes, savouring the taste. She got comfortable at the dining room table, covered in layers of dust that she disregarded. Then the shower tap shut off, and not long after, thuds sounded from the top floor, making their way down. Vada spun in her chair and noticed Negan at the bottom of the stairwell, towel wrapped loosely around his waist and rivulets of water streaming down his body, wisps of wet hair sticking to his forehead.

"Goodmorning," she said shortly, then spun around with flushed cheeks. Negan grinned, trailed the corner to the counter and got himself a plate of potatoes.

"Potatoes for breakfast?" He asked.

She nodded. "They're that good."

Negan whistled while heating up his food. "Isn't the kid gonna notice you're gone?" He asked.

Vada swallowed her food and shook her head. "Probably not. He likes to sleep in."

Negan stopped his whistling and smiled, emitting a rumbling laughter. He pulled the steamy dinner food from the microwave. "Fuckin' A. We should do this more often, sweetheart."

"What?" She raised a brow. "Go behind my family's back?"

"Exactly."

"You'd love that." He joined her at the dining table and pulled a chair closer so they were side by side. She could feel the warmth of the shower emanating from his body. "Couldn't bother to get dressed?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Why the hell would I do that?" He grinned, adjusted his position and began scarfing down his food. Vada shook her head and finished off her last bite of food, pushing her plate to the side. She watched Negan as he continued to eat his, flattened hair clad in no more than a white towel. Vada wiped up and down her face then rose from her seat and washed off her plate.