28; getaway

I WANNA TAKE YOU
FOR A RIDE

❝ I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE ❞

Gripping her knife, she shoved the slate colored hilt in her boot and stood, scurrying down the cool Alexandrian roads. It was an autumn day and winter was quickly approaching. The tips of the grass even seemed to be frosting up, a pale white color she noticed as she hurried along. She hugged her scarlet, wool jacket to her chest and shivered, trudging down the road and scowling at each and every one of Negan's men. She could pick them out, even dressed casually, the adversaries were all armed. Bearing heavy weaponry.

She stayed along the dotted yellow line, making a straight turn for Negan who stood chatting with multiple men. His hands were linked behind his head, his leather jacket risen up shoving a sliver of his bare back. Vada stood behind him, hands on her hips and peering over his shoulder. The men paused their conversation and narrowed their eyes.

Negan tilted his head and pivoted on his heel, lips curving as he noticed her with a stolid expression. Her lips twitched into a polite smile at the men, then nodded her head in the opposite direction at Negan. Without getting a yes or no in return, she spun and began walking towards an old oak tree near her former house. She could tell he was following by the clinging of his steel toe boots.

"I have a question," she started before he could open his mouth. Tilting against the bark, she crossed her arms over her chest and eyed him down. Negan grinned and teetered back on his heel, narrowing his eyes and poking his cheek with his tongue.

"Whatever it is, it's probably a no." Vada knitted her brows and parted her lips, a slight scoff escaping from them.

"You sound like my father," she said, tilting her head and giving him a deadpan stare. Negan shook his head, tongue running along his upper lip.

"Fuck that. Don't ever compare me to Rick. What did you want, sweetheart?" He asked, tilting his jaw, his eyes trailing down the girl's figure. She shuffled on her toes and smiled up at the man.

"I want to go for a walk." She was hopeful in her request, but Negan's expression dropped and her lips curved downward. "Please?" She added, hoping to sway him.

"Nope. I don't want you trying to run away again." He answered sternly without a hint of playfulness in his eyes. Vada swallowed the lump in her throat and lowered her gaze to the ground.

"I'm not gonna run anymore." She looked up at him and frowned, purposefully pouting her lower lip and hooding her lids. Negan's jaw tightened and he stood, his eyes boring into her's. "I promise."

Negan seemed to think over his answer as he licked his lips. "You wanna get out of here?"

Vada tightened her brows and twisted her fingers together nervously. Negan, when he wasn't playful and flirty and adding his pet names, made her fidgety. Although she had to admit, it was nice to have a break from his endless mind games and coquetry. "I was just gonna read a bit, like old times."