53; adversary

ILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU

❝ ILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU ❞

She didn't like seeing him. His blonde, matted hair, seared half-face, cold indifferent eyes – he gave her chills, even when he kept mostly to himself and smoked his cigarettes. He irked her. When they would speak, a rarity, it was mostly bantering with the occasional notifying when Negan wanted to see her. She would answer with a firm no, and he didn't take kindly to that.

She didn't realize she was wiping her palms together and biting her lip until her father gave her a worried glance. He hesitated before speaking. "Did he do something?"

Vada looked up. She'd heard those words come from his mouth a thousand times now. "Negan?"

He was far enough away to not hear them, in the distance with Michonne and Daryl. Daryl's sharp features were scowling, looking as if he wanted to put an arrow between his eyes and get it over with. Reasonably. Dwight had treated him like scum.

"No, Dwight." He shifted his weight, seeming nervous to hear her response. "If he did anything while you were there, anything to hurt you, I'll turn down his offer."

"Offer?"

Vada's heart pounded harder the further the conversation progressed. She wondered if Dwight knew. Negan had a loud mouth and definitely didn't like keeping to himself. But would he tell Rick?

Rick looked at her with expecting eyes. She swallowed the lump in her throat and averted her gaze to the ground. "No, he never hurt me."  She wouldn't go any further. She wouldn't manipulate it.

He looked hesitant. "You're sure?"

"Yes."

He gave a nod, a short one, then yelled out to Daryl. Three pairs of eyes shot their way. Rick beckoned them over by waving his hand, and Daryl took the lead, now clad in his leather vest and wielding his crossbow. Dwight didn't seem shocked to see him. He maintained his stoic expression and ambled on behind Daryl.

Daryl greeted the girl with a nod. She responded with the same, trying not to let a diminutive smile curl onto her lips: stoic, just like Dwight. She was never sure what to feel anymore.

"I'm gonna have a meeting in the church, for whoever wants to help with this plan," said Rick.

"We're going through with it?" Asked Dwight.

"That's what we'll decide. I'm still not sure." He turned to Vada. "Dwight knows a lot more than we do about Negan. We could plan it out, take him down. This is our only option left."

She hung her head. She didn't want to say anything. Truthfully, she knew the most about Negan. If she wanted, she could have him dead in less than a second. Unlike a few months ago, she wouldn't dream of it.