43; mistake

YOU JUST MADE A BIG MISTAKE

❝ YOU JUST MADE A BIG MISTAKE ❞

"Need help?"

Vincent's voice coming from the doorway made her jump in place. She glanced over her shoulder with a strained expression and shut her eyes, inhaling sharply. "Yes please."

With a snort, Vincent strode over to the girl and lifted the hefty bag from her arms. It was filled to the brim with books, large books like Don Quixote and War and Peace, and it was much too heavy, even just to haul a few doors down.

"You scared me," her voice cracked. She rolled her shoulders and cricked her neck. "I thought you were off on that run."

"Not today." He swung the bag over his shoulder, almost with ease, and blew from his puckered lips. "Today's my day off."

"Good. I didn't realize I'd need help until I actually saw how much shit I have in this goddamn room. I mean, I don't even know where I got all this stuff. I definitely did not start off with this many clothes or books."

Vincent furrowed his brow and huffed, adjusting the hefty bad on his somewhat scrawny shoulder. "Where am I taking this, exactly?"

Vada peeked over her shoulder and ground her teeth, looking tentative. "Uh, Negan's room. Do you know where it is?"

He looked taken aback and glanced toward the doorway. "Negan's room? Negan?" He squirmed under the uncomfortable weight. "You're moving in with Negan?"

"I, uh." She lifted a much smaller bag of books. "Yeah."

Vincent scoffed and gave a roll of the eyes. "Smart, Vada, real smart."

"Oh, don't scold me. I'm not a child."

"Not a child?" He raised his brows. "That guy graduated before you were born. In fact, he probably graduated college before you were born. Compared to him, you're a child."

Vada shrugged her shoulders and slung the bag into the pit of her arm. "That stuff doesn't matter anymore."

"It's not just that." He shook his head and let out a sigh. "You know it's not just that."

"Do you know where his room is or not?" She gave him a tired look with a tightened jaw. "If you don't, follow me." She began to walk toward the door and then out into the corridor. She sauntered down the cement walkway and Vincent trailed behind her in huffs as he hauled the heavy bag.

"You're making a mistake," he managed to say through a tired breath.

"That's my choice."

"Exactly." When they reached Negan's room, she flung open the door and dropped the bag. It landed with a loud thump and she spun hot on her heel.