Bracelet

it was the music, from the cafe..

(A/N: music link is above the chapter title :) )

i went in to the cafe and asked them to turn up the volume  a bit, the street was silent except for this song that was playing..i went out and what i saw next took me by surprise...... 

she was dancing.

well not "dancing" like how we do... she had her eyes closed and she just swayed her body and twirled around, as if the song had possessed her. she didnt open her eyes even once. then she started dancing, as though she was dancing with a man, with her arms in a fixed position.

i dont know what came over me, but i went to her and i held her one hand and put my other arm around her waist and danced with her to the beat. that's when i saw her under the street light, she had dried up streams of tears and a small smile on her face.

she hadn't opened her eyes, i assumed she thought she was imagining someone dancing with her, i smiled to myself and watched her as she danced her worries away. 

when the song was about to end, i slowly released myself from her and ran back to the cafe, i looked back and she opened her eyes and looked around. luckily, she didnt see me. she smiled to herself sadly and took her things and left.

i went back to where she was sitting, and found a rose gold charm bracelet. it had a tiny microphone, a cross, the letter 'N', a watch, and a diamond birthstone charm. i looked around to see if she had gone and she did.. so i kept the bracelet in my pocket and walked back home.

who knows, what if we meet again and i can give it back to her.. what would i tell her?