Northern Lights

Nikki's POV:

Its gonna be christmas soon!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I'm so excited!!! Jungkook, jimin and I decided to go to the store to buy some decorations and treats. Tae decided to hop along the last minute. 

We bought a LOT of decorations and went back to the cottage and decorated the entire house. All of us decorated the small pine tree that stood outside the cottage.

The cottage was more towards the country side, so we went to the city for a walk. We were just admiring everything around us and taking pictures. Taehyung saw a small baby playing with the snow and stopped to play with her. 

I went ahead and played with the two of them, while the others went ahead. He had a blue ball cap on and a large black Eskimo jacket. I was just observing how gentle and soft Tae is. 

*Click* I looked to my left and found Jin hyung holding a Polaroid. He pulled out the film and smiled at it. 

I went up to him and asked him to show it to me, tae followed behind me and looked over my shoulder. I blushed at the picture. It had Tae and the baby smiling at each other and me sitting next to Tae with a handful of snow, smiling at him.

The picture was very cute to be honest, I looked over my shoulder at Tae and he was looking right into my eyes. We both blinked at each other a few times and looked away.

We ran behind the others and went around buying small things to keep as souvenirs.

A few days later, it was Christmas Eve. I made cookies and little Christmas treats, all of which vanished he second I placed it on the table.

In the evening we went to the streets to see all the Christmas celebrations.  We had dinner outside and we walked back to the cottage. 

At night, after everyone went to sleep, at 12.00 am, *knock knock* . I smiled to myself excitedly and knocked back three times. "Merry Christmas Nikki" He said from the other side. 

"Merry Christmas Tae" I replied and we both laughed. Why am I blushing so hard? All we did was wish each other. 

The next morning, I walked downstairs and started making breakfast. "IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jungkook entered the living room yelling.

We all exchanged greetings and gifts and sat down for breakfast. We bought each other small gifts, because each person had to buy for 7 people. 

After a while, I decided to go to Church, because Christmas is the birthday of Jesus after all. They all decided to come along with me, I was quite surprised to hear that they hadn't been to Church in such a long time. But then again, they're not too religious.

Taehyung's POV:

We all went with Nikki to the near by chapel. It was a small church and didn't have many people in it at the moment. I sat next to Nikki n the front, and started praying silently, 

Hi God, it's been a long time hasn't it? Happy Birthday by the way, hehe. Thanks for keeping safe till now and blessing us so much. Help us to stay grounded always and thankful to everyone who helps us. Thank you for keeping my eomma and appa safe. Bless my dongsaengs in their studies and keep them safe. Ummmm then what?......

I looked over to my right and saw that Nikki was still praying. I wonder what she's asking God. 

Lord grant Nikki whatever she asks you and keep her safe always. Thank you for bringing her into our lives. She is a very nice girl, kind, sweet and loving. Bless her always and keep her happy. That's it I guess, Happy Birthday once again. Bye bye. uhhhh Amen."

"done?" Nikki asked me. "Mhmm.." I nodded and all of us left the chapel.  We had lunch from outside. We stayed behind while Jin hyung and Nikki went back to get dinner ready.

We came back home just in time for dinner, and the table was set with amazing food! A huge turkey bigger than my head was in the center of the table. 

"Merry Christmas everyone, I'm so glad to be celebrating this year's Christmas with you guys." Nikki said.

She poured us some wine, "I don't want" I said shyly. "You don't drink wine?" She asked. I shook my head and she gave me some cola instead because she new that was my favorite drink. 

After dinner we all were sitting outside near the lake, watching the northern lights. Slowly, one by one, the guys started to back inside the cottage to sleep. 

I stayed back, and just watched the lights. The more I saw it, the more mesmerizing it was. I looked to my right to find everyone gone, except Nikki, who was sitting on a huge rock watching the lights. 

I went up to her and she looked up at me with her big doe eyes. Her eyes were like two drops of coffee on a cloud of milk. She smiled and at me and made space for me to sit next to her. I sat next to her, "Pretty isn't it?" She asked, "Mhmm.." I hummed. 

After a long, yet comfortable silence, she said, "Let's play 20 questions!" I laughed at her and obliged. 

"Ok think about something." She said. I thought and nodded at her to start.

"Alright, is it an animal or thing, or concept, or person." She asked.

"thing."

"mmmm... was it invented??"

"Yes"

"Is it larger than a pound of butter???"

I laughed and said, "Yes, much larger."

"Is it hard?"

"Yes"

"Does it have four legs?"

"Nope."

"Is it some sort of machine?"

"Yea" Her thinking face is so cute. 

"Is it black or white?"

"Could be any color.. but yellow is most common"

"huh??? uhhhh.... Does it beep?"

"Yes"

"Can you ride it?"

"Yes"

"do you use it with friends?"

"Sometimes."

"Is it a car or something?"

"Oooooooo close."

"ummmmm... OOOO OOO TAXI???!!!!"

"Yea" I said chuckling. She laughed hard and said "you thought of taxi??? Ahahahahhahahaha "

I smiled cheekily, and said, "Okay its my turn now. But I'm just gonna ask you questions randomly."

She nodded and waited for me to start.  "What quirky habits do you have?" She thought hard and looked embarrassed. 

"Every time I eat a banana, I always see whether I'll slip on the peel or not. And every time I do" She said slowly. I laughed my ass off at that one. She hit me and told me to ask the next question.

"Sorry, ok what is your biggest fear?"

"It's kind of cliche but, I guess the future."

"hmm,  ok what's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?" I asked.

"One time, in college, I was partnered with this guy that I hated and the feeling was mutual with him. While we were presenting our project in front of the class, he purposely dropped a pen, and I bent down to pick it up. And exactly when I bent down, he made a horrible fart noise and everyone started laughing. I found it funny alright. I punched him on the face and I was called into the dean's office and we both got a mouth full. Ah who cares. I'm just happy I gave him a bloody nose." she said and I laughed.

"What is the one thing you want to experience before you die?"

"Love, true love. And a happy family with that person." 

We spent the rest of the night asking and answering questions until we both decided it was time to go to sleep.