Wedding bells and propsals

We reached Soderhamn by 2:15 pm.  We reached the Church at 3:00 and Andrew was already there. All the family members had reached and were seated inside. I've never seen so many Indians all at once. Many women were wearing a 'saree'? That's what you call it right? But no one could even be compared to Nikki. 

We went inside and sat and waited for the ceremony to start. A few girls seemed to notice us and were jittery in their seats. We smiled and waved at them and they almost fainted. I laughed to myself and suddenly, the organist started playing the wedding march, and all of us looked towards the entrance. 

Jess entered with her father, and walked slowly down the aisle. She looked beautiful! She had a long train behind her, I looked behind her and saw Nikki enter holding the hands of two small flower girls wearing purple dresses. Behind them, was a small boy holding the rings. 

Everyone was looking at Jess, but I was looking at Nikki *sorry Jess*. The ceremony went by smoothly without any complications. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife... You may now kiss the bride." The priest said and Andrew placed a quick one on Jess. 

We all started clapping and Jess and Andrew ran down the aisle hand in hand. After that we went for the reception. Each round table could fit 8 people. All of us got seated with another gentleman. Nikki was sitting in front with the rest of the bridal party.

After all the long speeches and toasts, everyone let loose and started dancing and talking and made merry. Nikki came over to our table and asked us how we were doing. She sat with us since the other gentleman had disappeared.

We were talking and laughing about something when someone called Nikki. "Nikki?" The middle aged woman called out. Nikki turned around and got up. "Aunt Jennifer! So good to see you" She hugged the woman. 

Behind the woman was a man in his late 20's I guess. "This is Robert, he's also into business and all that so I thought you two would get along. Why don't you two get to know each other, I'll be back in a while." And with that, the woman left, leaving Nikki alone with that Robert guy. 

"Hi, I'm Dr. Robert" He said and shook Nikki's hand. "Nikki" She replied and smiled. Doctor? Ph.D or medical? 

"These are my friends." She introduced us and he shook all our hands. "Roberto was it?" I spat. "It's Dr. Robert" He gave me a fake smile. "What's with you?" Jin hyung whispered at me. Even I don't know.

"So I heard you're working at Globex corp. How much do you get per annum?" He asked shamelessly.  Nikki was clearly pissed off, she flashed a fake smile and said, 

"I don't see how that's relevant, but I make enough to sustain myself." 

"Well, honestly, after marriage I would prefer to have my wife not work and stay at home, because I make enough to support at least a family of 6. You see, I'm a Pediatrician."

WHAT A JERK!!

"Well, I don't really prefer to get married to arrogant, self-involved misogynistic pigs either. It was Very nice to meet you 'Dr.' Robert. Now if you'd excuse me, I think I'm gonna get back to my friends. Good day." She said and sat down without even waiting for him to leave.

He looked dumbfounded and slowly walked away. "WAAAAH Nikki-yah good you said that! He's unbelievable!" Hobi hyung said. 

"I know right, these aunties have no other job but match making. They see a young single girl, and immediately think that its their job to get them married." She sighed and took a big sip out of her wine.

We started to eat, and throughout the meal Nikki got more proposals and I got more furious. Can't they just leave her alone? Did she say she wanted to get married? No right? 

A few guys came and asked Nikki for a dance and she didn't deny any one of them. She's too nice to say no. She danced with everyone who asked her. Should I ask her? Jimin beat me to it. ASS

I went to the balcony for some fresh air. If I sat there anymore and watched Nikki dance with one more guy who's not me, I swear I'm gonna.......... I'M GONNA....................cry. I was leaning onto the railing and looked down and watched the kids playing. I had brought Nikki's charm bracelet with me. It's been almost three months. I can't keep cowering away anymore. 

"What are you doing out her alone?" I got startled by the voice and looked around. It was Nikki. I quickly hid the bracelet in my pocket and smiled at her.

"Nothing, I just wanted some fresh air. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out there dancing?" I kinda spat out the last words.

She looked quite surprised by my sudden change in attitude. "Don't even talk about it. I can't take it anymore! Each and every guy other than Jimin is either trying to hook up with me or looking for marriage. Two extreme ends I don't wanna go anywhere near at" She said and joined me.

We both were looking down at the streets and just stood there in silence for a while. I kept stealing glances at her, her beautiful olive skin was radiating under the moonlight. 

"Did you not like any guy you met tonight?" I asked. She turned to look at me and said, " Nope " popping the P. She continued, "None of these guys are smart. They all look at women as either some kind of property, trophy wife or a housekeeper."

"What kinda guys do you like?" I asked. She smiled and looked ahead. She thought a little bit and said, "Smart, Out-going, loving, caring guy. He shouldn't shy away from taking any responsibilities. Should be able to do anything for his family, and bla bla. This is all too good to be true." "Hmmm" I responded. Wasn't really a well thought response.. 

I started thinking about all the guys she met and what she had said. 'Smart' , I'm not smart. I'm considered as the dumb one in the group. Never making sense and always doing idiotic things. Does she think I'm dumb? 

"Nikki?"

"hmmm?"

"Am I dumb?" She looked at me confused. "No of course not! What makes you think that?" she asked.

"I don't know, I never really make much sense with whatever I say, I'm not intelligent. I always do dumb things and I'm slow at understanding things. I'm considered as the idiot in the group. I always laugh it off and take it as a joke, but nowadays, I'm starting to believe it."

"Taehyung! You're anything but dumb! You're the smartest guy I know! You know what makes me think you're smart? The way you approach things and treat everything like a new adventure. How you make new friends everyday and treat everyone like they're the most important person in the world. How you look at everything with so much wonder and curiosity. You never lose sight of what's really important in life. You would go to any extent to protect your loved ones and you're the most humble, and grounded man I've ever met. All this doesn't suggest that you're dumb, even the slightest bit Tae! All those 'intelligent and clever' people out there wouldn't be able to do half the things I just told you you did!!" 

Wow........ I looked at her dazed. She looked at me a little upset and continued, "It makes me really sad that you would think this... because there is absolutely no need to."

I smiled at her apologetically and looked down. "Thanks Nikki.." She squeezed my hand and smiled at me. *thud thud thud* Why haven't I gone to the doctor yet about this.