Chapter 8- 365 days

Chapter 8- 365 days

*Glen’s POV*

I can’t believe it. It just doesn’t seem real. It can’t have been so long ago, can it?

I stare down at the grave solemnly. The stone has weathered a little over the last 365 days, but the words are still as clear as day.

“Autumn Script

1994 - 18th December 2013

Our millionaires among the stars.”

Danny kneels down by the grave, pulling out the curled up dead stalks of old flowers and replaces them with a bunch of red roses. Then, slowly he pulls out a white rose and places it at the centre of the bouquet. I smile sadly, a single tear falling from my eyes. Danny stands back up, wiping his tears with his palms. He tries to clear his throat a little, closing his eyes and I smile slightly as I know what he is about to do. I look at Mark who nods solemnly and then, altogether we begin to sing quietly.

“Singing our hearts out

 Standing on chairs

 Spending our time like we are millionaires

 Laughing our heads off

 The two of us there

 Spending our time like we were millionaires”

We sing and I can’t keep the tears back as Danny continues the song alone.

“We're walking these streets like they're paved with gold

 Make any old excuses not to go

 Neither one of us want to take that taxi home”

Mark bows his head slightly before turning and walking away, rubbing his hands over his face as he goes. I look back at the stone and try to wipe my eyes. I still can’t believe she is gone. I miss her so much, our daughter.

Oh my beautiful little girl…

What I would do to have her back, even just for a day. I would give anything, anything at all, just to have her back, safe, in my arms.

Cassidy whines by my side, as though she is crying along with us.

“I know girl.” I whisper, my voice breaking slightly as I bend down to ruffle the fur on her head. I look up at Danny who is staring silently at the stone, tears slowly dripping from his eyelashes. “Dan.” I whisper.

“I still can’t believe she’s gone.” He says, his gaze not moving.

“I know.” I whisper, swallowing back more tears.

“My baby girl…” He whispers. “Our little girl…why?” He chokes, fresh tears falling down his cheeks. I just don’t know what to say. I look over to where Mark is kicking at the frozen leaves scattering the ground, the expression on his face one of anger and sorrow. I sigh,

“Come on, I think it’s time to go home.” I say, gently pulling Danny’s arm. Slowly, he turns and begins to follow me, Cassidy trotting along at our heels. Mark looks up and comes over to join us again. “You ok?” I ask and he shrugs, which is fair enough, I think we all know the answer to that question, they is no point in voicing it. Slowly we all make our way out of the cemetery, each of us trying to glue ourselves back together again and, if I’m honest, failing miserably.

*Cat’s POV*

I clamp a hand over my mouth, trying to stifle my breathing as I push myself against the wall. I watch them come out of the gates and walk off up the street, not once looking in my direction. When they are out of site I slowly begin to breathe again and my body relaxes.

God this is so stupid! I’m hiding from…

I was going to say ‘my best friends’ but now…now I don’t think I really have the right to call them that anymore.

I sigh as I enter the cemetery, my eyes already wet with tears even before I reach the spot.

“Hello sweetheart.” I whisper, kneeling down on the cold ground in front of the stone. “The boys came to see you I see.” I say, smiling sadly down at the red roses, with the one, pure white one, perfectly in the center; like the ones his father would give his mother, to show she was the one who always stood out from everybody else. “I’m sorry I wasn’t with them…I…it’s…complicated.” I say, trailing off and looking at the ground. Slowly, I bring up the courage to look up again.

“I mi-…” I begin but am cut off by a sob. “I’m sorry.” I choke. “I’m so sorry. Oh my little baby I’m sorry.” I cry, not even sure what I’m apologizing for. Finally, I compose myself, brushing back my hair from my face and looking at the stone with a sad smile.

“When I was little, I always wanted a daughter. I had it all planned, I would meet the perfect guy at around 22, we would get married at the age of 26 and then, when I was 28, we would have a beautiful baby girl. Then give her a sister and maybe a brother as well. But of course, none of that happened. I was all but losing hope of every finding that life, until you.” I say, smiling a little. “You turned my life upside down, and I can’t thank you enough for it. Like some sort of miracle, you somehow gave me a family, a daughter, and a better one than I could have ever dreamed of.” I say, my voice breaking slightly. “And since you’ve been gone, it hasn’t been the same, you were the thing we all needed Autumn…and we still need you now.” I sob. “Please…please just stop this…we…we need you, we all need you so much. Please.” I beg. “Please, please just one last miracle,” I say, trying to compose myself, “Please.” I whisper, staring at the stone, at the inscription, through tear filled eyes, “Don’t…be…dead.” I whisper, my voice squeaking at the end, “Please Autumn, for me, for us, just please,” I beg, “Don’t be dead.”

*******************************************************************

Hi...

im not gonna lie...i got rather emotional writing this. i dont know if it was just me...probably was...but yeh...i sort cried rather a lot...i miss Autumn...the others where upset...and Cat quotes one of the most heart breaking moments in Sherlock...no...TV...ever...so yeh...like seriously i need to start writing something cheery! god its so depressing! sorry if u were all happy...sort of killed the moment...lol anyway on with the babbling. I was going to make this a big long chapter with stuff about Luke, revel stuff about Guy, more on Kara and Joey, more on Eoin etc....but when i came to it, i felt that would ruin in,. this chapter is sort of looking back on Millionaires and Autumn and mouring that its over and i thought it better if it was just the lads, Cassidy and Cat.  Also, the bit about the flowers, that quote from Danny about his dad giving his mum other flowers always makes me cry and i felt...i felt it was something he would do for Autumn. So yeh, i hope u liked it, if u did also get...emotional....A)...sorry... B) please do tell me so i dont feel like the only pathetic softy :) lol anyway, thanks so much for reading, hope u enjoyed it. please do vote and comment, thanks your all amazing :)

                                         Jess :)

P.S. Happy 2014 everyone :) Sadly it does mean i have school tomorrow... :(

Also dont forget KETTLE :)