Chapter 14- Merry Christmas Everyone

*Glen’s POV*

‘U outside yet? G’

‘U saw me leave! M’

‘Oh yeh, any sign? G’

‘Its hard 2 tell there r loads of cars&people! M’

‘Keeping looking, text me when u do. G’

I sigh, sliding my phone into my pocket. There is already a party atmosphere in here, the huge Christmas tree giving off that scent, the scent that makes me think of turkey and coco by the fire and warmth; Christmas. Music already playing throughout the room as more and more people arrive.

Dan is across the room, talking with Sean by a huge Christmas cake. He looks nervous and stressed; no fit state to talk with Cat. I have taken it as our mission to make sure things go smoothly between them tonight, get a drink down them both first, but not to many, create a situation where they can talk easily and in public view to avoid any nasty business and just make sure they get somewhere, somewhere where they don’t cut off contact from each other for months.

 “Hey Glenny!” A voice suddenly chirps from behind me and I turn to see Danny’s sister, Roisin, her long chocolate brown hair falling all down her back in beautiful waves. I know she is my mate’s sister, but she is gorgeous.

 “Oh, hey.” I say, smiling.

 “How are ya? Haven’t seen you since…umm, July wasn’t it?” She says, pausing to think.

 “August.” I correct and she grins.

 “Ah, yeh that’s it!” She says, “So, how are you?” She asks and I shrug,

 “Not bad, thanks, you?” I ask and she smiles,

“I’m great thanks.” She says and I can’t help but get lost in her eyes. “Have you been looking after my little bro?” She says, perching herself casually on the side of a table.

“Ha, well yeh, as much as I can.” I say, and she smiles and nods, suddenly becoming a tad more serious.

“Thank you, I think he needs it right now.” She says, looking over at Danny. I am about to reply when suddenly my phone explodes into to sound. I smile sheepishly at Roisin and slide my hand into my pocket, glancing down at the screen.

‘She is here! M’

I sigh, biting my lip, before suddenly it sounds again.

‘Shit! She brought a guy! Plan B! M’

“Shit!” I say before I can stop myself. Roisin raises her eyebrows,

“Trouble?” She asks as I shove my phone into my pocket.

“Yeh, umm sorry, I’ve gotta go do something.” I say reluctantly.

“Cool, okay, see you around.” She says, standing up and turning,

“Yeh, see you.” I say as I watch her go over to her sister; Mirran. What is it about the

O’Donoghue’s and being gorgeous? It’s so very distracting…

*Cat’s POV*

“Thanks again for this.” I say as we walk towards the house.

“You don’t have to thank me! I’m glad you asked! Better than sitting in my boxers with a bottle of beer watching Wallace and Grommet all evening…not that I do that…” Eoin says, and I laugh. “So, how do you know this O’Donoghue?” He asks but before I have time to think of any way to answer, a huge shape shoots out for the darkness towards us, pouncing on me. “Jesus!” Eoin cries, stumbling back in shock.