Chapter 16- A Visit From Santa

*Sean’s POV*

The key turns smoothly in the lock though I find my hands are shaking with nerves. I feel as though I’m breaking in, breaking in to my own home. Slowly I push it open, freezing as it creaks. Silently I slip into the dark house, smiling at the familiar walls. I close the door behind me, locking it again before slipping my shoes off, placing them on the shoe rack, next to Cally’s favourite pair of converses.

Quietly I creep upstairs, avoiding the habit of going straight ahead and instead turning left into Cally’s room. The old fairylights on her wall illuminating her beautiful, peaceful face. I feel tears come to my eyes but blink them away, softly placing the red paper covered box on the end of her bed before gently kissing her head. She stirs slightly, muttering in her sleep and I smile fondly at her.

“Merry Christmas sweetheart.” I whisper before slowly, reluctantly, backing out of the room.

Next I head over to Adam’s room, smiling as the sound of his snoring quietly seeps through the door. I walk gingerly through the sea of objects hiding the floor, having to grab his guitar as it begins to fall as I pass. I freeze for a moment, holding my breath but he is in too much of a deep sleep to wake. I carefully replace the guitar and grin as I see him, sprawled out on top of his bed, shoes and clothes still on, his black hair sticking out in all directions. I smile, picking up a blanket from the floor and draping it over him, smiling fondly at my son, grinning at the posters on his wall; Nirvana, The Smiths, The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys, and so many more. I smile, ruffling his hair a little more before kissing his head; he doesn’t even stir, just keeps snoring on, a dead weight.

“Merry Christmas, son.” I say, placing the box wrapped in green on the end of his bed before navigating my way back through the sea of clothes and CDs and out onto the landing. I pause for a moment, looking at the door to the room I once called mine, before sighing and making my way back down the stairs to the sofa, the Christmas tree tall and sparkling in the corner of the room. I plug the lights back in before lying down, watching the small white lights fading in and out as my eyes slowly close.

*Joey’s POV*

I had forgotten about the bit I don’t like about Christmas; colds. I wish I still had those lovely gloves, and that hat and scarf Amber got me, she was never exactly friendly to me, but at Christmas, she seemed to be softer, when Dan wasn’t around of course, she saw the cold makes me sick and so she gave me them to help even though she didn’t have to, I always thought that was kind of her. I wish I hadn’t lost them.

The streets of Dublin are very wet at Christmas, even the air feels wet, and I don’t like that, but I needed a present from Santa to Gale, and the best place for gifts is the streets, well, the bins anyway.

I sniff loudly, whipping my nose on my sleeve as I put the finishing touches to her present. I wasn’t sure what to give her at first, until I saw a big shop window, full of shiny gems around body-less necks. It took a lot of searching to find a decent length of string and enough buttons and shiny bits of rubbish, and even a small key, but it’s worth it, even worth getting sick from it, cause it will give Gale a Christmas.

But I'm Barely Breathing (A The Script FanFic) (Sequel to Millionaires)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara