Chapter eighteen: I love you.

Nikklaus,
Stay true to who you are, even if you're known as the 'big bad hybrid' to many you'll always be known as a brother, son and father to your soon to be little girl. Be good to her and Hayley, this whole family will protect that little girl with all the power we have in our bodies. She's your new bound happiness and she's the hope for you.
---
"Adelaide this is what I want, that way I can be with you and our girls forever." It's been weeks since Naomi has been brought back and Charles is still on the 'I want to be a vampire" thing still. "You'd give up your whole life for us? Anything to come in the future you would throw back into the water for an eternity of misery? The world could be yours and you'd throw that away to become like me?" I asked a million questions but I still couldn't wrap my head around why he would want to become a vampire.

"My love, you are seeing this all wrong. You are my world, those little girls are too. I'd die a thousand times if it meant I could have my little family for an eternity and beyond. Never in a million years do I want to be without you, when you walked out my life and took those little girls my heart sank and all I felt was pain. Then and only then I realized that I could never live without you guys. Adelaide you are the love of my life and i'd go to hell and back just to wake up to your sweet face everyday for the rest of my life. I love you, Adelaide Mikaelson."

Standing before me was a man that I would love until I took my last and final breath on this earth. "I love you too." Those words were the only ones that would come out of my mouth. "Adelaide, please let me be by your side forever." I was crying beyond hysterically, for once in my life I felt happy and not like the world was crumbling beneath my feet. "I wouldn't want anyone else." Happy, I was finally happy.

"Now there's just one more question, Ms. Mikaelson." Charles grabbed my hand and knelt before me.

"Adelaide Marie Mikaelson, will you do the honor of becoming my beautiful wife?"

"Yes, a million times yes." I cried hysterically will jumping into Charles' arms with a huge grin on my face.

Soon enough I heard the sobs that were coming from near the bushes that soon revealed my family. Rebekah, Elijah, Nikklaus, Hayley, Vivianne, and lastly Naomi.

"Are we going to be a family now, mommy?" Naomi's words put a big smile on my face.

"Yes, my dear we are." I hugged her tight as we were joined by the rest of our family.

The past few days have shown me that hope doesn't lay within the things we do, it lays within ourselves.