Killer

"Jimin," a sweet voice said. In that moment, he felt like no criminal. All of his worries dissipated into nothing.

He looked up with a tear and blood stained face.

"What did you do?" you asked. Your tone was soft but worried. Inside, you were afraid, but he looked more upset than you.

"I killed a man," he said. Your eyes widened in disbelief. "I killed your attacker. He's gone. I did it," he said. But he didnt sound proud. You stared at him. He murdered someone for you. He killed the man who hurt you and now he was a criminal too. You hadn't seen him in a month and he had just come to your house after killing someone, but instead of pushing him away, you stepped closer, grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. He watched you and at first was surprised at your actions, but he realized you might be the only one to do this.

You took him straight to the bathroom and closed the door behind you. He looked miserable. You didnt have the time to be questioning him. You simply began unzipping his sweater and throwing into the basket by the door.

"Take your clothes off quick and shower. Don't waste time. Leave me your clothes in this basket and i'll wash them for you. Quickly," you seemed more anxious than he did. He just seemed numb. You paused your quick movements and looked at him, holding each side of his face with your hands.

"Jimin, you'll be fine. We'll talk this through," you said as you looked at his swollen eyes. He looked at you blankly and nodded slowly.

He began showering and you briefly went inside to grab his clothes. You then took it to wash, allowing yourself to think this through. "Jimin killed him. He actually found him and murdered him. All because of me? Or for me? You decided not to ponder around doubts until you could talk to him properly. Your mother had taken the 14 hour night shift and his mother had left to visit her sister for the weekend.

You had healed up and was moving around freely. You still had stitches, but they were almost gone. Tomorrow you would have them removed.

Jimin finished showering and you brought him fresh clean clothes from his room. Pajamas to be exact. He changed into them as you made him and yourself a hot drink to calm down. He came out and sat on the couch, staring at the coffee table in front of him.

"Jimin, lets talk about this," you said as you handed him the cup. His hair was puffy, his eyes were swollen as well as his cheeks and lips. He looked at you momentarily and spoke.

"I was just- walking home to where I was staying and we bumped into each other. I recognized him and I pulled him into the alley nearby. I-" Jimin lifted his hand as if demonstrating what he did but he paused. His eyes began puffing up again and filling with tears.

You couldn't help it. Seeing him torn like that made you feel like it was your fault now. It was true that you were a loudmouth, but you were sensitive too. You didn't want him to continue.

You wrapped your arms around him slowly, burying your face into his neck. "I'm so sorry. You don't have to tell me the rest Jimin. I'm glad you came to me just, please don't ever leave again." Your words were muffled but hot against his skin. He let his tears roll down. He wrapped his arms around you too, feeling nothing but warmth and safety from you. You felt his whimpers and you struggled to contain yours. His arms kept wrapping around tighter. He didn't want to let you go. He needed you and only felt safe with you here. You didn't cry, but your eyes did water. You pulled away and saw his tears glistening against the chimneys fire. His cheeks were rosy pink and his red lips were parted. You pushed his hair away from his face and wiped his tears away. "Don't cry Jimin." His cheeks felt hot against your finger tips. Jimin sighed attempting to calm down. He looked up at you and you looked down at him equally as sad.