Rescue

"Where's the body?"

"I dont know what you're talking about sir."

"You are the only possible suspects so where'd the body!" the officer said in a loud tone. What confused Jungkook was how did they know someone was dead in the first place? They dont know his name, his age, nothing so who are they looking for? Regardless, they were suspicious whether someone was killed or not.

"Sir I dont even know why I'm here," Jungkook said innocently, but the interrogator just sighed and nodded in frustration. He exited the room, leaving Jungkook to stare down at the metal table.

Namjoon entered the building with his uncle. It wasnt his uncle's shift so everyone greeted him in a surprisingly manner. "Wait for me here Joon," said his detective uncle. Namjoon nodded, obeying him and hoping everything could finally be resolved after a long night.

"Who's the victim?" the police detective asked the interrogative officer.

"We dont know. Sir, why are you here?" asked the interrogator.

"The kids you have locked up are dear to me. Of course I would come to figure this out as quickly as possible so tell me why you have them locked up," he said firmly.

" We just received a call that someone might've been mur-"

"Might have?! So you aren't even sure that theres a body in the first place?"

"No sir we dont." He said accepting their fault.

"You know what you're doing here is illegal right? You dont have a name for the supposed victim, you dont have any evidence. This couldve been a godddamn prank call for all you could've known. You're looking for a ghost for fucks sake. Look how terrified these kids are. They dont even know what the hell is going on. Are you fucking kidding me? Let them go, you're wasting my time. We have actual criminals to catch, but you decide to bring me a waste of time. Namjoon's uncle walked away truly angry about the situation. He was in charge of this group of investigators but they seemed to be too stupid this week.

On the other side of the wall though, Jungkook was terrified. He could let anything slip out and that would be over. The evidence was taken care of, the body was thrown away, but if their words weren't said carefully, they would catch them and these investigators were quick and incredibly intelligent to catch any little detail. The interrogator entered the room Jungkook was in. Jungkook looked at him. More interrogations.

To his surprise, the man stepped aside from the door. "You're free to go," he said, but Jungkook was nervous that this could be a trick. "Can I?" he asked as he hesitantly rose up from his seat. "Yeah I'm not kidding kid. Come with me and i'll let your friends go too." Jungkook was wondering what happened for them to be released so easily when he was just screaming at him minutes ago. "Yes sir," he said as he followed his orders.

The investigator walked the hallways, followed by Jungkook. Then he passed by Namjoon. His eyes widened, but he said nothing to not bring any attention to him. He looked at Namjoon confused and surprised. "So he's the one who did this," figured Jungkook. He was extremely grateful to have him as a friend. They all were grateful to have each other. He smiled at Namjoon, relieved that this was almost over. Just his friends would be released and this nightmare would be left behind for good. Jungkook tilted his head down with an indescribable feeling of relief. He and the man arrived to the other rooms where the man opened the door and received an immediate nervous look from all the guys in there until they saw Jungkook. They too had a look of confusion. "You're all free to go," said the officer. "We apologize for the time taken from you. You can walk out immediately. Nothing will be placed against you in your record. Have a safe night." The guys looked at each other, immobile. "Really? That was it?" they wondered as they got up and walked out the room. "Thank you officer," they said as they walked out, shock still lingering around them.