Hiraeth

{the video is for when you're finished reading so it can hit your feels harder}

"I'm exhausted," you said to yourself as you got up. Today was Monday, but you had your day off while Jimin had to work. It's been almost three months since you and Jimin got married and it's been going so great, except you aren't feeling as energetic as you have been before. You sighed, sipping on a glass of water as you thought to yourself. You missed your menstrual cycle the past two months. You had told yourself that it was another irregular month, but it's been constant for two months. Plus you've been tired. You bit your lip, wondering if you should take a visit to the clinic.

"Mrs.Park?" A nurse called out. You got up, entering the patient room where you were weighted, checked your height, and asked for basic questions. They had you take numerous tests like blood and urine tests before the nurse left, letting you know to wait for the doctor. You were nervous. So extremely nervous. You've been wanting a baby but was this too soon? "What about Aria for a girl?" You remembered this question Jimin asked you long before you were married. He too wanted a baby, but again, was this wrong timing?

"Mrs.Park," the doctor came in, checking your patient record. "I see you've been having some irregularities in your body. You're tired often and you missed your menstrual cycle twice in a row," he said. You nodded nervously. "There's nothing to be worried about. Children are a blessing," he said as he smiled. "Are you irregular?" He asked, taking a seat on the stool. "Yes. But it's never happened that I've missed twice in a row," you said, fiddling with your fingers. "I see-" he said as he wrote it down. "Are there any more symptoms you've been having? Like mood swings, bloating, sore breasts-" "bloating. A lot," you said as you placed your hand on your tummy. The doctor laughed at how you motioned your hands and he got up. "Alright, I'll go have a check at some tests we're running on your samples taken and I'll come back in a few," he said leaving the room.

You looked down at your tummy. "Are you in there Aria?" You asked, smiling at your tummy. "Wait. What if I'm just fat," you asked yourself. "Hello fatass," you said to yourself. You sat in the quiet room, taking your phone out after your phone vibrated.

Text from: Jimin 💖💍

"Hey baby. I'm in my break. Tomorrow I don't work and you don't either. I haven't visited Yuri, so can we go see her?😇"

You read the text, smiling and replying:

"Of course! Maybe we can take her to buy her some new clothes. She already turned four last month! She's growing up really fast 😭💕."

You received a text from him, but you put your phone away when the doctor came in. "Mrs.Park,"he said with a long pause as he wrote something down on his clipboard. "Yes?" You said, wondering what he was going to tell you. "I've checked the tests and I have news," he said, sounding serious. You licked your lips and nodded, ready for his response. He looked at you, giving you all the attention.

"You're pregnant."

Those words impacted you, instantly erasing your smile from your face, not because you didn't want to, but because you didn't expect to hear that. He had looked so serious before. You covered your mouth as you stared at him. "Congratulations! Here are the tests we took, your result, keep them safe. We can't tell you the gender yet since the embryo is still developing and it's still too soon to tell. You're only about to be three months pregnant," the doctor said as he pat your shoulder, congratulating you. You smiled, reading the paper and the results. You have to tell Jimin, but in a cute way, not just like that. "Would you like me to write you an appointment for your first check up?" He asked. You nodded, excited as your heart can possibly be. There was a baby inside you. A tiny human, half you and half Jimin. Your little creation.