Good to See You

"I love you."

You smiled at the reminiscence of Kevin's words as you held his hand. He was so shy and awkward back then, before he was your boyfriend. A stroll around the city was what you and him did every time you had free time. Free time was rare ever since you started college. You're now 19 and celebrating five months of your relationship with Kevin. Everything was how you wished it to be. You had crushed on Kevin since high school and he asked you to be his on prom night, senior year and of course you said hell to the yes. Not like that obviously, but you always wished he felt the same way you did, but apparently he showed his love more than you expected.

Guys are usually stereotyped to be cold towards demonstrating their emotions because it makes them "less manly," but thats never the true case. Kevin always loved showing you affection so you knew you were loved. With random knocks on your door with a backpack full of snacks, sometimes with a simple approach of a surprised hand hold at random times or simply looking at you with loving eyes as you told him how crazy your professor is. It's true. It all made you blush. This was the guy you want to marry. Right?

 It's been a year and a half since you saw Jimin. His mother moved out of your house leaving you to your own freedom, but also leaving the house and your heart empty. You missed her. She was always so happy and warm towards you, with a cup of warm tea or a hot meal ready for when you got home from school when you mom was off at work. You asked about Jimin, but she had told you he moved across the country to find a better life out of himself. You being too close was dangerous for him, but of course she didnt tell you that.

 You hardly saw your mom now, with business trips and late work, the house seemed even more empty. You graduated high school successfully thanks to your hard work, dedication, and Kevin there to push you further. You used to be rebellious and rude according to everyone, but you never played when it came to school and grades, besides, it seemed like you had matured out of it now. Your attitude was still present, but you learned to be wiser. 

You hadn't forgotten Jimin.

Everything he did for you sort of erased all the hard feelings you had for him. No other person would murder the person who hurt you, but he did, as harsh as that sounds. It left you feeling something indescribable when he left, being the last time you've seen him in almost two years. College kept you extremely occupied and Kevin was there to keep your free time happy and even more busy, so thoughts of Jimin only came randomly when you were alone. It was a thought that made your heart ache, like you missed him too. You were in love with Kevin, not Jimin. That is what your mind begged you to believe, but your heart just couldnt get you to realize that you also, without a doubt, would be incredibly happy to see Jimin again. Because he was your hero. Thats what you felt. Nothing more, nothing less. It was the yearning feeling of thanking him for what he had done for you. Those words you didnt get the chance to say were waiting to be let out.

"Hurry up sweetheart!" Kevin said as he eagerly pulled on your hand that was sweetly laced with his. He never used words that would mean nothing more but the sweetness you carried, words like "darling, my love, dearest." It was different from the usual robotic "babe or bae." 

You smiled as your memory faded to give him attention.  He pulled you to the entrance of a modern dance show, excited to see the many talents of many people. He had spoke about it many times before and to his surprise, you were eager to see this show too. 

The show was incredible, full of sentiment and passion in every movement. The dances were sharp and the music would make the dancer portray a sense you cant feel with music alone. It was powerful and daring to even send chills all over your skin. After the show, you only wished to see more and were promised another one by your boyfriend as soon as one were to come again. You walked out, smiling and loving the art until you saw art before you.

A boy with a black crewneck sweater walked past you opposite of your direction with a backpack on. He wore a black beanie with a pattern on the front and beautiful orange hair that fell just perfect down to his eyes. He walked with someone, pamphlet in hand, explaining to them how he had traveled a long distance to watch this show. He smiled and let out a laugh you had almost forgotten.

Your heart felt a sudden tug, your cheeks flushed in eagerness to have contact with those eyes you missed so dearly. Kevin stopped walking when he noticed you hadn't been paying attention to him. Your eyes were averted over to the man who walked away so quickly from you. His steps were calm and slow, but it felt like you just missed him for miles. Like he was no longer reachable and like someone was holding you back. Kevin hated Jimin. He hated him for hurting you so much, for teasing you into believing you were fat, ugly, undesirable and for even allowing you to almost slip away from him. He blamed him for you pain and anger, but he didnt know the whole story.

He didnt know he begged for you forgiveness, that he pleaded for you to forgive him. He hadn't a clue that he cried for you and even murdered a man... for you. 

The girl that walked with him was beautiful. Thin, long silky hair, soft dewy skin. She turned to speak to him with gentle pink lips which earned all his attention. He watched her with a smile. His eyes never reaching any other interesting point but her face. Her features were captivating, they even enclosed you. He laughed, covering his mouth with his sleeves as she laughed with him, tearing into you. But, you have Kevin. 

It somehow pained you to see him so calm, enjoying his life after you, with someone new to care about. You wished to be like her. You wished to be in her place longer than she had ever even desired. You were only a moment of his life and she could be his eternity. He looked down, sharing a shy smile as she placed her hand on him, light, captivating his eyes once again. She spoke with a smile, one you wished he had never met, and tilted her head to a question he responded to. He nodded, smiling  wider and shyly fixing his beanie, looking away again but only to look at her once more, catching her details, unrealized as she looked ahead.

"Darling, whats wrong?" Kevin asked you, worried for you expression. It was quiet and painful, almost loosing its composure to red cheeks and a silent sigh. You really did miss Jimin. It even hurt to see he had forgotten about you. You turned to look at Kevin, Jimin's smile disappearing into the theatre you were once in,  just as happy, "I just- want to remember this day," you said with a soft smile.