Chapter 1 (part 2)

There is my heart, and then there is you, and I'm not sure there is a difference. –a.r. asher

Lucas' POV.

I felt her before I saw her. It was like electricity in the air magnetically attracting my eyes to her as I drank in her beauty like the starve man that I was. It was no doubt that she was breathtakingly beautiful. Like a porcelain doll. Exactly like a porcelain doll I thought ruefully. She was only made for admiration but we were never allowed to touch. Temptation scorched my skin as I felt myself respond. Despite the black and white dress code, the little rebel was fitted into a seductive scarlet red dress that looked as though it was painted onto her body from the way it was molded to her like a glove. Her rich brandy colored hair resembled the drink in my hand as it was set in huge ringlets of curls brushed to the side showcasing the elegant curve of her neck that made me desperately to nip at her creamy skin. My gaze drifted lower to the exposed top of her breast as the dressed hugged her womanly figure like a lover's caress. A silent groan escaped my lips as I gripped the tumbler with an unnecessary force. Her bold red painted lips and seductress beauty ensured she was the center of attraction as almost every male in the room discreetly looked her way from time to time.  Anger burnt at me I wanted nothing more than to connect my fists to every perverse look that was thrown her way. Despite the raging fury, I felt my lips tug into a smile as I knew for certain that she could have held her own. Nothing less than a spitfire, she could have unman many with a few snipping words that threatened to cause more harm than bullets. I should know of course I thought wryly as I sipped at my drink, many of the insults were directed my way. She was refreshingly different in an otherwise uptight world. If she had been anyone else, I wouldn't have thought twice and tamed that sweet mouth.

"Hey mate." Ethan said interrupting my train of thoughts as a flash of guilt went through me over my thoughts about his sister.

Returning his pat on the pat on the back, he took a seat on the bar stool beside me as he gazed impassively into the contents of his drink.

I couldn't have help but smirk as I took in his actions.

"What?" He snapped as I felt my smirk widen.

"Champagne?" I questioned quirking a brow down at the bubbling drink.

Shrugging he drained the contents, resting the empty flute down onto the counter, "I don't intend on getting drunk tonight." He stated.

Hearing myself swear in my native tongue, I felt the smile tugging on my lips, "So is Kathrine not here tonight?"

A loud oath escaped his lips capturing the attention of nearby guests, "Nico and Dillon are such pussies." He muttered.

"No but do I get pussy." Dillon remarked with a wide grin as he and Nico sauntered over.

A short laugh escaped me as I ordered a drink passing it into Ethan's grateful hands.

"She is under the weather." He explained taking a long sip.

"How is she the one who is ill?" Nico questioned, his blue eyes twinkling with humor as he took a pause, "But you're the one who looks like you're dying?"

"I never thought I'd see the day." Dillon stated patting Ethan on the shoulder as he glared at us in turn, "Should I save the suit for the wedding day?" He questioned tugging at the lapels of his tux jackets.

Instead of the expletives we had expected to hear, a silent look entered his eyes as he downed the remainder of the whiskey.

Before any of us could have commented a loud crash was heard across the room. My eyes immediately went to her as she stood facing the crowd, boldly, daringly, as though she was urging someone to say something. Withering under her unrelenting gaze, the wide crowd immediately went back to speaking amongst themselves as my gaze remained trained onto her. Staring right back as though to test me, I went a step further trailing my eyes down her delectable body once more as I saw the slight tremor that gave away her unyielding façade. Under the bright chandelier, she glowed like a goddess with twin streaks of red flushing her cheeks as her eyes sparked in outrage. Mouthing an oath at me, I smirked at her badly wanting to take her over my knee as her beautiful face tightened in anger as though she read my thoughts. With her flashing eyes and delicate features, Evelyn Hart was enough to make any man beg on his knees...including me. Just then a large figure appeared blocking me from her small body as she led him onto the dance floor.

I felt my entire body go hard.

Not the kind I got from pleasure.

"That's Brandon Shieffield." Dillon supplied answering my unasked question, "His father is the legendary race car driver."

"Didn't we meet him a few years ago in Monaco?" Ethan asked.

"We did." Nico answered, "He's here tonight. I'm surprised he remembered us after all these years and he offered to take us for a round on the tracks."

"Bet I can beat you lot again?" Dillon asked haughtily smirking but I took no notice of the conversation as they argued amongst themselves.

I wanted to send my hand through a wall or preferably through the man she was flirting with as they plastered themselves to each other moving slowly to the beat of the music. Irked for however long, I kept my eyes trained onto her as she pretended to not notice as she moved and swayed catching my seething gaze. Whispering something to her partner, he escorted her across the dance floor as boiling anger erupted within me. Without thinking twice I followed her to the bathroom ignoring the quizzical looks from Nico, Ethan and Dillon as I abruptly got up and sauntered into the hall that led to the bathroom trailing behind her as the door closed on my face leaving me with the final image of her tantalizing derriere.

How long was I in Italy for? I questioned myself as I ran through a list of her inner circle in my head unable to place her male companion.

The low thud of the bathroom door broke me out of my thoughts as she stepped out. The smile instantly leaving her beautiful face to be replaced by a scowl as she pursed her red lips at me after the initial shock faded. Up close she was even more stunning that I could have remembered, I felt my heart thudded relentlessly against my chest as I reminded myself to breathe.

"Evelyn." I murmured hearing the desire in my own voice as her honey brown specs darkened in response to me. Gracing her with a smirk, I saw the fire return to her eyes.

"Lucas." She bit out through clenched teeth.

It should not have felt so good to hear her say my name, I almost missed her attempting to exit before my arms immediately shot out tugging her against me as I backed her up into the nearest wall.

"Are you also a stalker now on the sideline?" She questioned as I caged her into my arms not missing the way her voice trembled as my crotch tightened from our close proximity.

"Are you still a firecracker?" I questioned leaning in closer as her floral scent wrapped around me I had to resist the urge to bury my head against her exposed neck.

"Old habits die hard." She stated fixing me with a glare, "As usual you evade my questions."

"I never had the intentions to be the Bridget Jones to your diary." I answered evenly as her eyes shot daggers at me.

"Well then pardon me." She said icily, "I never took you for a romantic one. Did you and your latest whore watch the movie before or after you went at each other like rapid dogs?"

"Careful gattina." I warned lowly as she maintained her unwavering eye contact.

"Why?" She questioned in that same cold tone that would have frozen a lesser man, "Have I struck a nerve?"

"No." I responded, "The opposite in fact. I am quite intrigued that you think about the way I make love."

Her lush mouth open in a silent gasp as I peeked a hint of her pink tongue, "You are despicable." She seethed bristling in rage as she threatened to escape from below my arms. Wounding them closer to her effectively trapping her lithe body, I brought my face mere inches away from her as I heard her sharp intake of breath.

"Definitely still a firecracker." I said whispering the words into her ear as I removed myself strolling away with the final image of her shocked desire filled eyes.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment. Besure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGEDWIFE' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE' available on my page.

See you soon...

oxoxox...Allison :)