Chapter 7

"He was a dangerous sin, wrapped in angelic eyes; it made my heart pound with distrust and my mind cloud with bewilderment."- A.L. Nash 

Evelyn's POV.

A little over an hour later, after making the completed rounds away from the bewildered faces of employees, many of who absently gazed at me in opened curiosity from behind their cubicles pausing their furious typing to be an onlooker to the morning disturbance that was my-self. All in all I had concluded that that Lucas' 'no nonsense' policy struck around like a sore thumb. The atmosphere bristled with tension as they operated with almost military precision. Maybe it was Lucas' intention to reinforce Hitler's days. I should make a mental note to remind myself to ask him if he was particularly fond of the German as a role model. Other than that however, it was clear that the multi-million dollar empire was akin to a well-oiled machine. His high level expectation of staff ensured that the work flow only generated the absolute best outcome. Fully certain that he was tyrannical in and out of work balanced out my low opinion of him as my mood immediately darkened once again stepping into the elevator with Alicia.

"Can you hold that?" A strange voice called out coming out from inside the photocopying room as he sprinted across the corridor.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I pressed down the button as he slipped inside on heavy pants almost doubling over as he placed his hands to his knees breathing deeply as though he had just completed the annual marathon.

"Are you alright?" I questioned looking down at him.

Rising back up to his feet, he adjusted his dark suit, fiddling with his green tie as straightened it, "Absolutely perfect love, how about you?" He replied in an Australian accent charmingly smiling as his brown eyes twinkled. Holding out a hand, he slipped the folder underneath his arm as he introduced himself. Accepting his large outstretched palms he eagerly shook it grinning infectiously, "My name is William Anderson but my close friends call me Will... and you are certainly lovely." He added with a slight exaggerated bow.

"I'm Evelyn Hart." I stated smiling back at him, "It's lovely to meet you William."

"Evelyn Hart?" He questioned tightening his grip on my hands as he looked on at me astonished, "As in Evelyn Hart?"

"Who else would she be?" Alicia asked from beside me as we stepped out the elevator with William still clasping my hands.

"Right...of course." He stated as twin flushes of color spread across his cheeks.

"Should I be offended?" I questioned arching a brow at me.

"No!" He instantly replied, "Of course not! I love Evelyn Hart." He stated, "We all do."

"Can you love her from a distance Anderson?" Lucas asked coldly glaring at Will as he pointedly stared at our clasped hands. On a nervous panic, William immediately dropped my hands.

"Yes sir..." William began saying as Lucas cut him off.

"I wasn't aware I paid you both to stand and chatter all day long." He said flickering his dark glare onto Alicia and William.

"Mr.Demachelis...sir... I" William and Alicia both began with wide eyes as he put up a hand halting them from continuing as they quickly obeyed immediately turning mute.

Before anyone could have continued any further I stepped in, "I believe you are in my way." I stated gazing challengingly at him as I walked around his imposing body and away from the speechless crowd.

Halfway down the corridor, I turned around clashing with his dark gaze before turning to Alicia and William, "Aren't you coming?"

Scampering past Lucas, who looked as though he was about to explode, Alicia led me into my office, shutting the door behind her as she took a quaky breath.

"Did we just get fired Anderson?" She asked turning to William who mischievously shrugged.

"This is exactly why the public loves Evelyn Hart." William said grinning widely, "I don't think I have ever met anyone brave enough to speak to boss like that."

"Do you work on this floor?" I questioned.

"No...thankfully." He replied paling, "This is a private floor reserved for Mr. Demachelis alone. I work in finances, I came to drop of the monthly figures for him but now since he's royally pissed at me stepping into his office may be equivalent to signing my own death warrant."

Gathering a loud deep breath, William looked dramatically from Alicia to me, "I have to face him, how hard can it be after all? He might fire me or have his bodyguard shoot me. Or fire me first then have his bodyguard shoot me." William rambled on nervously.

"Best of luck William." I said to him as he prepared to leave clutching the file tightly.

"Do attend my funeral ladies and please feel free to sob your hearts out." He said to us as I burst out laughing at his panic stricken face.

"I hope you have fun laughing at me." He said flatly.

"You will be fine William." I assured.

"It's Will for you." He replied coyly as he exited. 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this short update. Don't forget to vote and comment. Feedback is important so please :) :* Be sure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGED WIFE' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE' available on my page.

See you soon... 

oxoxox...Allison :)