Chapter 31

Atleast I had the courage to lose myself in something I truly wanted. -faraway

Evelyn's POV.

The next few days flew by in complete blissfulness. Lucas was like an intoxicating drug. A shiver involuntary went through my body as I remembered a particular memory from the previous night. Time spent away from the bedroom, and every available piece of furniture that came with it, we toured the island shopping for souvenirs, visiting landmarks and basking in the cool waters. Closing my eyes, I rolled over on the sun lounger onto my stomach barely drifting off until I felt his large presence looming over me.

"You are going to burn kitten." He purred in my ear as he pulled the lounger away from the sun and under the large parasol.

Sleepily rising, I pushed myself up onto my elbows as I took in his wet body dripping from his recent swim. Water slid down his flat stomach running into his grey designer swim shorts.

"Tired?" He questioned arrogantly standing above me as his dark eyes twinkled in amusement.

"Exhausted." I replied, "I haven't been sleeping much."

A full blown grin overtook those red lips as his eyes shone with laughter, "And why haven't you been sleeping much Ms. Hart?" He questioned quirking a brow.

"If we're back to business mode Mr. Demachelis, I should profess that sleeping with your co-worker is exhausting." I replied.

"Co-worker?" He quipped flipping my body over as he settled atop me. Opening my legs I welcomed the weight of him as he pressed through his swim trucks hard, hot and heavy. My mouth watered to taste him...again.

"Co-worker." I replied teasingly as he feverishly connected our mouths. Tasting the salt from his lips, his minty breath and a taste that was pure him, was a heady combination I squirmed beneath him wanting more. My hands fisted through his silky soft wet hair as I fought his tongue with the slip and slide of my own. Wrapping my legs around his him I pulled him impossibly closer as his hands toyed with the strings on my bikini bottoms. My nipples stabbed against the barely there triangles of my bikini top grazing his wet chest as we fought for control.

"Shall we take this inside?" Lucas asked against my lips already lifting me into his arms.

Much later, standing under the warm shower spray, hot water soothingly massaged my aching muscles that were newly discovered as I rinsed the soap suds away. After a heated session on the strong dining table, and once again in the shower, I had finally managed to push Lucas out the glass doors knowing that if he had remained my worn out body would have easily been ready for round three. Stepping onto the matted floor, I toweled dried my body and my hair lightly wincing at the sensitivity of my skin that was covered in love bites. Stepping into the bedroom, his bedroom that I had moved into, he stood across from me facing out the window as his towel hung, wrapped low around his waist as he gazed out unseeing at the crashing waves. His posture stiffened as though feeling my presence as the atmosphere became charged with tension.

"Lucas?" I called out to him being met by silence despite him hearing my voice. Slowly turning, emotionless eyes and an unsmiling mouth met me as fury sharpened his features. My heart skipped a thousand beats as I looked on at him in a silent plea.

"Giovanni called." He stated coldly as he willed the name past his lips referring to his father, "After a fucking decade I don't know why I answered."

"Oh..." I said as I looked on at his eyes that quelled the inner hurt. My heart reached out to him as the invisible barriers he held reconstructed.

"Oh?" He repeated in that same cold voice, "Oh it sure as hell gets fucking worse than that gattina...he's remarried someone barely as old as you are. Porca troia. Gran' disgraziato." He finished off cursing in his native language as emotion got the better of him and he slipped into Italian.

"Lucas." I whispered trying to grasp his attention as he hastily removed his towel tugging on his boxers and a pair of denims.

For a brief moment I thought he hadn't heard me until he looked up quickly blinking away his flash of pain. I wanted nothing more than to comfort him. Here, still in my towel with the half dressed man that I feel so much of emotion towards, I was going to tell him how I truly felt. I needed to take this leap of faith. I needed him to know that he was worth it. That he is worth me bearing my heart.

Inhaling slowly I continued once again, "Lucas..." I began as my cellphone blasted from the table nearby.

"You should get that." He said nodding at the phone as he averted his gaze.

"Hello? Brand..." I said into the receiver, "I miss you too, can I call you back?"

"Was Shieffield afraid of virgins that he sent you to me first?" Lucas asked as I placed the phone down, "Or was I surprisingly your best pick?"

"What?" I whispered shocked to my core from his choice words.

"I told you that I am selfish man Evelyn." He stated ruthlessly, "Should I remind you what it feels like to be in my arms. Go back to him." He sneered as his tone made me shivered, "Tell him how many times you came apart in my arms. Tell him how many times I made love you to and when he can't meet my standards you're always free to come back." He taunted chilling me to the bones with a sadistic smile.

Shattered.

That's how I felt. My heart shattered inside my chest as bitter pain choked me.

As if operating on auto pilot I removed my towel not missing the way his eyes went over my body and quickly jumped into the nearest suit of clothes I found at the top of the folded pile. Silence followed in the two minutes I took and the tension was as thick as molten lava. If he was angry then I was beyond furious willing myself not to give in.

Grabbing my bag and suitcase I proceeded to walk through the door turning to face him one final time...

"Brandon's gay." 

A/N: ANTICIPATED CHAPTER! WHAT AN ENDING! Can we ever forgive Lucas now? I think jealously brings out the beast in him but secretly that's so hot. And Eve's parting words..?? Greatest comeback ever right...??? Tell me what you guys think. Vote, Comment and show some love.

Besure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGEDWIFE' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE' available on my page. 

Till the next time my loves..

oxoxox...Allison :)