Chapter 28

You'd be surprised who the love of your life turns out to be. After all, adventure fell in love with lost. - Erin Van Vuren.

Evelyn's POV.

Grumbling beneath my breath, hand in hand we strolled across the hot sand under the heated sun that shone in its full force glorifying the beautiful island and sparkling blue waters like scattered diamonds.

"I can hear you kitten." Lucas chuckled as he paused pecking my lips before lifting me into his strong arms as he carried me the remaining distance onto the awaiting yacht that bobbed graciously against the calm waters.

"Mr. Demachelis...Ma'am" An aged man said coming towards us as he offered Lucas his hand. Placing me onto my feet Lucas quickly shook his hands as he pulled me to his side.

"Mr. Brokke." He said, "How is she?"

"Sails as smooth as butter sir." He eagerly replied as I rolled my eyes at Lucas' affection towards a boat.

"Shall we take of then?" He asked as a silence followed. Looking up into his eyes I realized that he was speaking to me as I nodded.

Soon after, we were set sail gliding along the blue ocean enjoying the peace and serenity the island life bought. The cool breeze gently blew my hair as we sat side by side out on the deck soaking up the sun sipping local beer and sampling the mouthwatering appetizers prepared by an islander. For once everything was perfect and it was all because of the man sitting next to me. The gorgeous muscled, tan man who looked like the model I called him out on being with his ray-bans on and only a pair of swim trunks. His golden skin was lightly glistened with sweat from the sweltering heat and the sun highlighted the different tones in his dark head it was enough to make a hairdresser envious.

"I don't know about you gattina but in my culture it's considered inappropriate to stare at someone for so long." He evenly commented continuing to stare straight ahead.

Flushing, I looked away as his soft laughter brought my eyes back to him as I found him staring at me through the dark lenses.

"You're allowed to look and I'm not?" I questioned arching a brow.

"You're so beautiful." He stated soberly grabbing my hands and placing a kiss against my fingers as the yacht came to a slow halt.

"Can I ask you something?" I said turning to him.

"It never stopped you before." He teased as he playfully blocked my punch.

"You really are a little cat." He said grinning down at me as he captured my hands in his sneaking a kiss past my lips.

"I was asking you something." I mumbled as he released my hands.

"The million dollar question I gather?" He asked.

"Billion dollar." I replied cheekily smiling up at him as his red mouth twitched, "But you're not going to like it." I continued on.

"I'm intrigued now." He stated.

"I met your dad a few months ago." I began cautiously as I felt his body retract from me. The immediate mood change overtook his features as though there were separate continents between us. Forcing myself I continued on, "He said to tell you that he loves you. Did you ever speak to him after...?"

"You're right." He bit on icily, "I wasn't going to like it. I don't care what he thinks or how he feels Evelyn." He carried on harshly as he rose to his feet throwing his sunglasses onto the nearby lounger as he dived of and into the water.