Chapter 6

A person who has a lot of anger inside definitely loves people more than anything else. Because if red color indicates anger then it indicates love too -unknown.

Evelyn's POV.

There he was... sitting on his throne looking every inch the self-confident CEO as he idly settled back into his black leather chair enraptured by the information on the file he was currently holding. With his back facing the stunning few on the city that lay at his feet, thick droplets of water skirted down the glass wall showcasing no sign of the stopping of the rain anytime soon as it gained momentum. His wide glass desk occupied its space in front of him housing a high tech desktop. Apart from that, the table laid bare of anything else as I stepped further into the room aware of the loud click of my heel as I paused beside one of the four slim black leather chairs that sat to the front of him. The terse silence stretched as my gaze curiously flickered about the room in taking the white sofa as similar to the setting in the reception area outside the walls. Above it, two paintings took their esteemed place proudly depicting the vibrant burst of abstract that provided the only color in the otherwise sterile room. Following the minimalistic theme, a large bookshelf sat against the end wall housing various entrepreneur awards several business books I presumed and a small golden globe that I had gifted him many years ago. A faint smile made its way onto my face before his dark voice broke through the air.

"You have certainly taken your time." He stated dryly gathering my attention as he continued to browse the document without looking up at me.

For a mere moment, I had considered that he was unaware of my presence but the tightening of his shoulders and the deep indention of the scowl that appeared to have been permanently place onto his red lips belied that he must have known the very second I stepped into his building.

"I wasn't aware I answered to you." I said in a pleasant voice despite the inner tremor that went through me as he suddenly looked up, his dark eyes blazing will ill-kept fury. The minutes that followed were almost in slow motion before my eyes as he gently sat the manila folder down, sliding his chair back as he rose to his staggering height well over six feet like a God as he prowled towards me around the desk almost like a hunter to its prey. Determinedly I met his infuriating eyes, as he easily closed the distance. His strong cologne invaded my senses as I allowed my eyes to trail along the fine lines of his clean shaven jaw ticking in rage to that thinned line of his red mouth. His aristocratic nose flared in annoyance as though he fought an inner battle with himself as he stuffed his balled up fists into the pockets of his bespoke grey suit that contrasted perfectly with his dark head.

"I believe its due time you answer to someone." He replied softly though the tone was not to be mistaken as dangerously he continued assessing me. A sharp shiver of fear licked at my stomach as unrelentingly, I willed myself to hold my ground.

"You seem a little mad." I said ignoring the way his Adam's apple bobbed against his tanned throat.

A deep menacing smirk kissed the corner of his mouth as the present air of violence that surrounded him magnified.

"Mad..." He replied in that same deceptively soft tone testing the word out against his accented tongue.

"Why would I be mad?" He continued on visibly bristling, "You saunter into my building ordering my staff around like you have no care in the world other than sipping your morning tea. You are the most selfish person I have ever come across. Your father entrusted this project into your care but I'm not really certain that you do care. I'm also not certain you care about anything other than yourself. This is my office where people work for a living. I will not tolerate you disrespecting me to any of my employees. This isn't child's play Evelyn, either you grow up or get out immediately. There are hundreds of people who are dependent on me and I cannot have you waltzing in here as though you have all the time in the world and wasting mine along with everyone else's . If you wish to stay here you will respect me along with every other employee. When my security tells you to move your fucking car, you move your fucking car, do you understand me?" He seethed raising his voice as his tight reign of control slipped, "Not everything is all fun and games now do tell me why you are late because I can guarantee you I am way beyond mad at this point."

Rooted, I remained on the spot unable to open my mouth.

"No response, that's a first from you." He mocked arching a brow, "Did Brandon manage to keep you up all night long you look as though you are a second away from collapsing?"

Winded, I brought my furious eyes to clash against his lethal dark eyes. Beneath my pounding heart, the anger that was always there and a layer of hurt consumed me as my eyes suddenly stung. Reverting my gaze onto the pristinely polished floor, I saw and heard his footsteps as his leather black shoes drifted closer almost toe to toe with me.

"I am furious." He menacingly whispered against my ear.

Raising my head, I took one final glance into his dark eyes that coldly gazed at me as I swallowed the lump passed my throat. Brushing past him, I dashed to the door on hurried steps as four pairs of concerned eyes swiveled my way. Reigning in my emotions, I felt the ever present mask slip into place as I exited the door, childishly delighting in the loud thud it made as it slammed behind me.

Hearing the involuntary gasps of the mini crowd, I looked towards Alicia as she took a moment regaining her composure as she jumped of the nearby couch with a worried expression etched across her face. Offering her a cool smile, I gratefully accepted the cup of coffee she provided as wordlessly we entered the elevator.

"Shall we begin the tour?" She asked trying her best to bring in her enthusiasm.

"I'm ready." I stated with a return of my confidence.            

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!! It's 2017 and I wish you all the very best. Don't forget to vote comment. Besure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGEDWIFE' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE' available on my page.

See you soon...

oxoxox...Allison :)