Chapter 13

He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire. –T.M. 

Evelyn's POV.

Soon after arriving home, with the heavy weight on my chest, I half-heartedly began preparations for supper as Brandon, Jade, Charlotte and Elizabeth had informed me that they were on their way over. As my mind tormented me over Lucas' bipolar reaction, I willed myself to push him out of my head as I busily moved around my kitchen area preparing our meal together with the last minute decision to add in dessert. For the next two hours I was occupied making one of my best dishes which I was taught by Lucianna, Lucas' mother. Fondly I remembered the many summers we spent in Italy as his blazing eyes once again came into my mind. A wave of anger consumed me as I aggressively set the dish into the oven before completing the finishing touches to the dessert. Stowing it into the freezer, a quick time check had me racing for a shower as I hurriedly dressed.

Settling on a baby pink sleeveless dress and doing my hair up into a messy bun after applying some light makeup and lip gloss, I stepped into a matching pair of ballet flats and went back into the kitchen to check on my dish. Putting on my apron and mittens I removed the dish from the oven onto a cooling rack I had previously set onto the counter when the doorbell rang signaling the arrival of my guests.

"Good evening." Brandon greeted me with a huge bear hug as I opened the door for him grinning widely down at me.

A loud sigh escaped my lips as I embraced his large form before we both returned to the kitchen.

"Here you go." He said putting down a bottle of red wine onto the counter, and the good kind judging from the brand, "Dal Forno, Valpolicella 2007 Ma'dam." He elaborated bowing as he went to put it in the ice bucket to chill.

"So?" He question taking a seat onto the bar stool by the breakfast bar arching an inquisitive brow at me.

"So..." I questioned as I took out the various utensils to set the table.

"I never pegged you as one who doesn't kiss and tell Eve." He stated smiling broadly at my glare.

Before I had time to reply the doorbell rang again and in came Elizabeth shortly followed by Jade and Charlotte.

"Cheers." We all said in unison clicking our glasses together as dinner got under way.

"This is really good Brand." Charlotte said drowning the rest of her glass as Jade refilled it.

"Don't you have work tomorrow Char?" Elizabeth questioned arching a dark blond brow.

"I left my mother at home." Charlotte retorted on a wink as she continued on, "Beside, don't we all need to liquid courage to pursue the remainder of the week."

"I think I might need more than that." I stated emptying my own glass as curious eyes looked my way.

"I for one would happily trade jobs with you Eve." Elizabeth replied as I rolled my eyes.

"How was today?" Jade asked slyly as she passed around her cellphone showing the table a picture of my outfit that she had dressed me in.

"What is your job exactly?" Brandon asked wiggling his brows suggestively as I playfully pushed him.

"It is more like a nightmare." I admitted.

"If my nightmares are riddled with sexual tension then I wouldn't mind having it." Charlotte replied as her brown eyes twinkled in delight.

"How long do you reckon until they give into the inevitable?" Elizabeth asked.

"Two days." Charlotte instantly replied.

"A week." Jade stated.

"If you blush any harder Eve you would resemble the tomato sitting in your refrigerator." Brandon said as he placed an ice glass to my suddenly heated cheeks as I winced from the coldness.

"Lucas hates me." I replied seriously.

"Eve!" Charlotte admonished, "It is blindingly obvious that he likes you." She continued on saying as she popped her dessert spoon filled with the parfait into her mouth, " I mean after you vomit on him, insulted him and bruised his ego he still has it going for you...business was just an excuse to have you to himself all day."

"I think the way you answer him turns him on." Jade commented.

"I think you are quite drunk." I replied flatly.

"Can you imagine how hot that office sex would be?" Elizabeth asked as Charlotte sighed dreamily next to her, "On top his desk...against his desk...below his desk."

"Why would Eve dream when she can easily make it a reality?" Jade piped in.

Trying my best, I miserably tried and failed in steering the conversation away from Lucas until they finally left.

Retreating to my bedroom, I washed up and changed into my nightgown instantly falling into a restless sleep as I tossed and turned for most of the night.

Just as I had fallen into a peaceful slumber, my alarm rung loudly in my ear dragging me into awareness. Standing under the icy spray of my shower until my teeth began to chatter, I exited hastily preparing for the day ahead. Dressed in a flowing black mini skirt about mid-thigh and a matching black long sleeve shirt which I tucked into the skirt I put on a pair of nude heels with a matching bag, adding a touch of makeup as I hurried out the door.

Arriving to work a short while later, I was instantly bombarded by the awaiting crowd packed around my car as the loud shutter and camera flashes went off and various microphones were held outside my window. Struggling to open my door in the compacted space, several security and bodyguards tried to keep the growing crowd at bay as I slipped on my sun glasses taking Mark's supportive arm as he deftly maneuvered me into the safety of the building. 

A/N: UPDATE!!!! As always i hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. i look forward to feedback. Besure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGEDWIFE' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE' available on my page.

See you soon...

oxoxox...Allison :)