Chapter 29

"Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul."- Charlie Chaplin

Evelyn's POV.

"Buonasera bellissima." Lucas greeted in his deep accented voice as his eyes traveled the length of body making my toes curl into my wedges, "You look..." He went on with a deep husk as his eyes darkened inexorably pausing for thought of an appropriate word, "You are captivating gattina." He said strolling towards me in a panther like grace as I stood rooted to my spot.

"You like?" I murmured as he appeared in front of me, as though unable to help himself, his fingers softly trailed down my cheek.

"Very much so." He agreed taking a short step back as his other hand lightly spanned my waist caressing the soft fabric of my ocean blue maxi dress. Giving an appreciative growl to the low neckline and high slits that modestly fell a few inches below my upper thigh, his eyes hotly trailed across the exposed skin burning me up on the inside.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I mussed as he linked our fingers together leading me out the door.

Sending a smirk my way, I gave a playful wink at him as a small smile kissed his red lips. Dressed in a short sleeve charcoal shirt, a wide expanse of his tanned hard chest was on show as the wind bellowed the material. A low slung pair of khakis fell of lazily at his hips as a pair of Italian loafers clad his feet. He looked edible.

Walking down the path to beach, a gasp escaped my throat at the scene that awaited me. A single table was set up covered in a pristine white table cloth. Two chairs sat opposite the other as various candles and torches provided light as the sun began to dip casting an orange glow over the sky. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

"Do you like it?" Lucas questioned softly from beside me.

Nodding, we both walked the short distance down the path as he held the chair opened. Taking a seat, he followed suit as a waiter came forth with a bucket of champagne filling the flutes followed by another who set down a colorful plate that housed a mouthwatering aroma before silently dispersing.

"What shall we toast to?" I asked.                                                                       

"To you amore mio." He said softly raising his glass as my eyes met his.

The translation of the endearment warming me in a way that I had never felt before as shakily, I raised my flute to his clicking softly as I took a tentative sip.

"Are you nervous gattina?" He asked in that same soft patient voice as my averted eyes landed back on his, "Because I am." He admitted earnestly.

The admission sending a spark through me as I looked into his eyes opened with emotions.

"I never thought you knew what the word even meant." I replied.

"With you Evelyn, anything is a possibility." He said softly as a small smile kissed his mouth.

Unable to upkeep the intensity of his stare, I looked down at my elegant meal, taking a small bite into the flavorful pineapple chicken as he followed suit. The crashing of the waves and the sound of cutlery disrupted the silence that thickened with unfiltered lust. Not being able to eat any more, I placed down my cutlery taking a small sip of the fruity champagne as I looked up, feeling his intense eyes trained on me.

"Would you like dessert?" He asked lowly as the open hunger shone in his dark depths.

"No thank you." I whispered back unable to find my voice as lust ate away at me.