Chapter 25

"You say you love rain but you open your umbrella. You say you love the sun but you find a shadow spot. You say you love the wind but you close your windows. That is why I am afraid when you say you love me."- William Shakespeare 

Evelyn's POV.

The darkness of the island made it impossible to appreciate its true beauty but the cold night breeze and the sweet scent of the air was a comfort on its own. Stepping into the awaited vehicle, the driver deposited of the luggage into the trunk before we took off towards the winding roads. Seated to the back of the seven seat mini-van, with Lucas next to me physically and emotionally attempting to create a barrier between us, I felt the energy suddenly drain from my body as he broodily averted his gaze. Resting my head back against the cool leather seat I shut my eyes no longer able to handle the tumble of emotions rioting inside my mind. The scent of Lucas' cologne drifting over my senses was the last conscious thing I knew as fatigue pulled me down under.

The following morning I awoke to the sound of light chatter coming from the distance as cool salty sea breeze kissed my cheek. Blinking the sleep from my eyes I took in my surroundings finally realizing that I was tucked in under the warm cotton white covers. A high ceiling fan rotated above the bed under the wooden roof. The open view in front of the bed offered an ocean view as the waves noisily crashed against the sand. The azure blue sky kissed the sparkling water blending as one as the bright sun shone down painting a picture perfect image. The same wooden theme continued mirrored into the furniture. The bedside table each housed twin vases hand painted in fluorescent orange and green filled with fresh flowers that perfumed the room with their sweet scent. Shifting uncomfortably, I realized I was still in my jeans from the previous night. Sitting up lazily, I tugged it off as well as my cardigan before attempting to drift back to sleep. The sharp knock at my door alerted me as I tiredly reopened my eyes as the door was slowly pushed open.

Realization suddenly dawned on me as I rolled over looking at the intruder.

"You!" I spat out accusingly.

"Me?" Lucas questioned quirking an arrogant brow as he shut the door making his way over to the bed as my eyes followed his movement taking in his casual attire as the jeans cutoff he wore hugged his toned thighs falling inches above his knee as the wind softly blew his snug fitting white V-neck against his stomach showcasing the tanned skin beneath. His dark hair was tousled and wet, as it air dry indicating that he had just taken a shower no doubt after his morning swim in the ocean.

"Do you own this place?" I asked.

Shrugging he looked at me as a smirk kissed his lips. His eyes danced in amusement as I realized that he was laughing at me, "You may claim to hate me gattina but your eyes say different." He said huskily.

"It makes no difference." I whispered as he took a few cautious steps towards the bed coming closer as my hands tightly gripped the comforter.

"It makes all the difference." He replied in a sure tone.

**

Lucas' POV.

The moment I stepped into her room I knew it was what heaven must have felt like. Her rich brandy colored hair fanned out around the white pillow fulfilling the picture of every fantasy that I ever had. Her pink lips pursed in irritation as her honey eyes glared daggers at me. Under the swirling golden pools arousal shone through as she fruitlessly masked it. My crotch tightened in response as my cock pressed almost painfully against the zipper.

"It makes no difference." I heard her say as she stared at me in...disappointment.

A sudden pain lanced through my chest as a bitter taste filled my mouth. Fuck I swore harshly under my breath. I was willing to beg for her forgiveness then and there.