Chapter 34

Harry's P.O.V

It was after our classes for the day and we decided we better rehearse for Louis' mum's wedding. After I told Louis that we were adding Niall to the ensemble he was pretty pissed but he got over it. We were currently sitting in Zayn's dorm brainstorming ideas.

"Okay so I've got Torn, Teenage Dirtbag, My Heart Will Go On, Stereo, Valerie and Forever Young. Any other ideas?" Zayn asked looking up from his notepad.

"How about Use Somebody, I Got a Feeling and I'm Yours?" Louis offered.

"I think that sounds good." Niall nodded with a small smile.

"Don't agree with me." Louis snapped sassily and Niall's smile faded.

"Oh I was also thinking that Louis should do a solo considering it is his mother's wedding." I suggested.

"That's a really good idea Harry." Liam grinned. "Lou?"

"I guess I could do it." He shrugged.

"What song are you going to sing?" I asked.

"That's a secret my dear Harold." He smiles cheekily.

"Aw boobear." I whined. He knew that I was a curious person and not knowing something just ate me alive.

"No no, I'm not telling. You will find out at the wedding." He stated sternly.

"Fine." I grumbled, pouting like a child. He leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss to my lips. When he pulled back, I looked over to Niall who sat with his lip tugged between his teeth and his eyes glassy. When he noticed me looking he dropped his gaze from me to the floor.

He cleared his throat and looked back up. "I better go." He stood up and walked towards the door.

"Why?" Zayn furrowed his brows.

"I've got an exam tomorrow I've got to study for." He smiled before walking out.

"I'll be right back lads." I smiled before getting up and heading out after him. "Niall." I called but he kept walking. "Niall!" I yelled once more.

"What?" He snapped turning around with blood shot eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you seriously asking me that right now?" He looked at me bewildered. I stood there in silence not really sure what to say. "You don't realize that it kills me to see you with him? To kiss him, to hug him, to love him? It crushes me more than you will ever know because I love you than you will ever know."

"I-I" I stuttered trying to think of a proper response but my mind went blank.

"You don't have to say anything. I already know what your going to say. I gotta go." He shook his head and walked off leaving me standing in the hallway like an idiot. I compiled myself and headed back to the room to brainstorm some more songs.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

We had finished getting our songs together and we had divided our verses among each other and we were now practicing the songs.

"Okay I think we need to run through teenage dirtbag again." Louis bit the end of his pen looking at the clip board he had in hand with the songs set in a list. We all groaned loudly.

"Lou we've run through that like six times already." Liam whined.

"Look Payno, this is for my mum's wedding. It has to be perfect." Louis said sternly.

"Okay okay." Liam huffed.

"Alright from the top." Louis sat down the clip board and Niall began to strum the tune. We sang the song again as Louis critiqued us.

"Can we take a break please?" Zayn pleaded.

"Fine." Louis sighed. Zayn grabbed the snacks and sodas Niall had provided and passed them to everyone. Louis came up to me with a smile. "Hey baby. You did great."

"Thanks." I grinned happily. I looked over where Niall sat with a heartbroken expression. I glanced away looking back at Louis. "So do you want to go out later?"

"I wish I could but I've got work."

"Louis, I already told you I don't want something expensive for Christmas, I just want you." I pouted.

"I know you don't want me to, but I want to. Why would you keep me from doing something I want to do?" He reasoned.

"I guess that makes sense." I mumbled.

"Great then its settled, I'm getting you the gift." He grinned.

He went to kiss my lips but I turned to the side so he hit my cheek instead. He gave me a confused look but I simply smiled and walked off. I knew that Niall was watching us and I felt  like I was rubbing mine and Louis' relationship in his face.

We continued to rehearse until it was around ten o'clock at night. "Alright that's all the practice we get. Tomorrow we need to meet in the parking lot at four AM sharp." Louis instructed as we all groaned.

"Why so early Lou?" I whined.

"Because we need to be there by nine and it's a four hour drive. I want to give us extra time in case of traffic." He explained.

"Okay." I grumbled. Louis, Niall, Liam and I headed back to our dorms considering Niall and Liam's dorm was right across the hall from ours.

"Alright I'll see you guys tomorrow." I waved as Louis and I headed into the dorm. Once inside I turned to Louis and went to kiss him but he turned to the side so I hit his cheek. "Hey what was that for?" I pouted.

"Oh I'm sorry do you not like it when you try to kiss me and I deny you?" He asked sarcastically. "Because that's kind of what you did to me earlier."

"Louis, Niall was watching us and I didn't want to break his heart more than I have to." I explained.

"Why do you care how heartbroken he is? In case you've forgotten he made me feel heartbroken by telling me that you and him were dating." He exclaimed.

"I know I know. I may not be too happy with him at the moment but I've known him all my life and I don't want to hurt him."

Louis sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I know but I can't help but feel that the love you feel for him isn't just a brotherly love."

"Louis, I don't love Niall like that. I only love you like that."

"You say that but it doesn't change the way I feel. I feel like I have to compete with Niall for your love."

"Louis, I promise you, you don't have to worry about having to compete with Niall. You have no competition." I promised.

"Okay." He looked away from me avoiding my eyes.

I turned his chin so he was forced to look at me. "I love you." I whispered and kissed him gently.

I pulled back and he whispered, "I love you too."

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

A/n: new chapter, also Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher. If you didn't know a couple days ago she had a heart attack and then she passed yesterday. Also if your confused on who Carrie Fisher is, she plays Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. 2016 just keeps losing great people. Love you xoxo