prologue

"You ready?" Luke said, his Australian accent becoming more and more clear as I jump in the passenger seat of his car.

"Yup!" I said leaning over and kissing my boyfriend on the cheek.

"Where are we going?" I ask him as we sped off of my street.

"It's a surprise!" Luke answered, his voice raising due to all the excitement rushing through him.

We drove for about twenty minutes before pulling up to a dirt road next to the beach. I rolled down my window to let the salt air from the ocean rush through the car. We drove further and further down the road until we reached a parking lot that is only steps away from the beach. I look out the window to see the small waves crashing against the golden sand.

I rolled up my window due to the sudden rush of cold wind that sent shivers down my body. 

"We're here!" Luke jumps in his seat as he takes off his seat belt and turns to face me. 

"Luke, it's freezing! What the hell are we doing at the beach?"

"Oh come on Scarlet! It will be fun!" He says turning off the car and hopping out of it. 

Luke walks around to the back of the car to grab something out of the trunk before coming around to open my door. I get out of the car and shut the door behind me, and placed my hand in his as we start to walk down to the beach. 

"Just to let you know, I'm not getting in the water." I smile up at him, as he leans down and places a kiss to my forehead.

We walk further down the beach until we find the perfect spot to sit down. I didn't even notice the blanket Luke was carrying until he placed it down on the soft sand. Once the blanket was set down on the beach I make no hesitation to sit down, and pull my light sweater closer to me to keep me warm. 

Luke sat down behind me, letting me sit inbetween his legs, and wrapped both arms around me causing me to lean back into his chest. After a few minutess of silence, he sat up resting his head on my shoulder and wrapping his strong arms around my body to try and keep me warm.

"Sunsets are beautiful," Luke blurted out.

"I didn't know you were a kind of a guy to have an interest in sunsets," I laugh, turning my head to look at him.

"I'm sort of a softie when it comes to sunsets," Luke laughs and plants a kiss to my cheek, hugging me tighter.

I turn around and re-position by body, so I am now sitting in front of him. Luke looks up to me with a bit of confusion on his face. We stare into each others eyes for a while until Luke finally decides to speak up.

"What is it?" He asks putting one finger under my chin causing my head to lift up , and look him in the eyes.

"I don't want you to leave," I mention, not exactly wanting to say that out loud.

"Scar, we still have another month to be together." He says, trying to lighten up the mood. I mean he is right, so much can happen in one month though. He pulls me on to his lap, hugging me tighter than ever before and leaving soft kisses to my forehead.

We have only known each other for the two months of the summer, but I already know I might be starting to fall for him. I honestly don't know what I am going to do without him here, and I know it's going to be hard to see him walk away from me. 

I look up into his bright blue eyes that always amaze me and wrap my arms around his neck. I lean into him locking my lips with his as his large hands travel around to my back lightly rubbing circles. I open my mouth allowing his tonuge to travel into my mouth and letting our tongues slowly go move together.