fifteen

{ Luke's POV }

"Do you need some help?" I laugh, sitting in the empty seat next to Scarlet. We were now in study hall, and Scarlet looks like she has been here for a while. She had all her papers scattered around the table, with eraser markings all over them. I had to stay after in 2nd period to finish a test, so luckily for my 3rd period I have study hall to take the test during.

"I don't get this at all!" She groaned, sitting back in her chair. She looks like she hasn't slept all weekend, with small bags under her eyes. It was only Monday, so we still had a full week until the weekend. She's wearing her hair messy and tied back, with a sweatshirt on. She looked absolutely adorable today.

"Here, I'll help you," I told her, sliding her paper of work towards me. I looked over it to find pencil markings all over it, and eraser marks scattered all over the paper.

"Scarlet, this is so easy!" I laugh, sliding her paper back over to her.

"No it's not!" She said, pounding her fists lightly against the wooden desk.

"Well maybe if you payed attention in class you would know this," I said, laughter still in my voice. Of course I wasn't being serious about this, but it was true. I would always see her staring at nothing, and not paying any attention at all.

"I'm sorry! The class is just so boring," She said with laughter and frustration ringing through her voice. I didn't want to see her fail this class, so I was planning on helping her whenever she needed help. I decided that I would forgive Scarlet, because the truth was, she was right. I should try and to forget the things that she said, because I know she didn't mean them. When she said those things, I was too upset to even listen to her, but now I know she really is sorry, and I forgive her for that. I was glad I met her this year, well not at first, but now I have a friend, that I already know I can trust. You know, when you make friends you need to learn to trust them, but I know for a fact that I can already trust Scarlet.

I reached over, and grabbed her paper again and slid it over towards me. I looked it over it one last time before deciding what to finally tell her. She started off doing the problem right, just missed one minor step in the process.

"You just didn't divide these two numbers," I said, pointing to where she made her error.

"Ugh!" She yelled, grabbing the pencil out of my hand. "I knew I was missing something," She said again, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"You should probably try paying more attention today," I told her again, nudging her with my elbow.

"Don't count on it," She laughed, locking her green eyes with my blue ones.

-

The end of the day rolled around fairly quickly, and I was finally in my car in the school parking lot about ready to leave for the day.

"Hey," I heard my friend Hunter say, as he got in the passenger seat of my car. I had just started talking to Hunter about a couple weeks ago, and we are already pretty close. He is only one year below me, so we get along quite well. We haven't really hung out outside of school together many times, so I was looking forward to spending a little more time to get to know him today.

"Hey, what's up?" I say back, giving him a quick nudge on his shoulder.

"Do you just want to go back to my place and chill for a while?" He says, putting his backpack at the floor of my car.

"Yeah, let's go," I tell him, putting the car in gear and speeding out of the parking lot.

"You'll have to tell me where we are going," I laugh, remembering that I have no idea where we are heading.