twenty one

A/N: sorry that this chapter changers pov's a few times but i hope you enjoy! :-)

Friday rolled around fairly quickly, another long week behind me. My week wasn't too bad, just pretty exhausting. I took work off for tonight since I was extremley tired, and just wanted to get some sleep for the night. I was glad I worked with just nice people that they would understand me taking some time off for myself. I had a lot of co-workers that would be more than happy to take my shift for only a day, which I was grateful for.

I was finally at home, and getting all settled in. When I get home I usually get something small to eat, and change out of my school clothes, which I have already done. It was still pretty early in the afternoon, but I still changed into a sweat shirt and leggings that I planned on wearing for the rest of the night. I didn't want to do anything tonight, just sit here at home and relax. I walk out of my room to go watch some television to pass the time by. As soon as I sat down and pulled the blankets over my shivering body, I hear a few knocks at the door.

I sighed, got up and started walking towards the front door. I didn't want to be with anyone right now, just because I was so tired. I walk through the spacious downstairs of my house, until I reach the front door. I honestly don't know who could be at my house right now, but I was either hoping it was Luke or Ava. I grab the door knob, and swung open the door to see someone who I least expected to see.

"T-Tanner?" I stuttered, stepping away from the door.

"Scarlet, we need to talk." Tanner said, starting to step in my house. I looked up at him with cautious eyes, not knowing what he was doing here. I wasn't going to kick him out because we really did need to talk. I couldn't just keep ignoring him forever, I needed to get this over with. All week I have been telling myself to finally get the courage to talk to Tanner, but when it actually comes to talking to him, I can't do it.

"No, we don't." I lied, crossing my arms over my chest.

"W-what?" He questioned.

"It's over," I said, grabbing the door and began closing it.

"Scarlet, we really do need to talk." He said again, forcing the door open.

I didn't say anything else, just let him come into my house. I didn't have much of a choice because he wouldn't take no for an answer. I then closed the door behind him, and began to follow him through my house. He's been at house before plently of times to know his way around, and I was surprised when he started to talk towards the staircase.

"Um, we can just talked down here." I said, waving my hands in the direction of the living room.

"I'm not going to do anything to you, I just want to talk," He laughed, continuing to walk up the stairs.

Once again, I didn't say anything back, because there was nothing to say. I didn't want to talk to him at all. All he was going to do is say how sorry he is, but he really isn't. This isn't even a relationship anymore, and it hasn't been for a while. He even knows it too, so I don't understand why he keeps coming back.

I followed him up to my room, and shut the door behind me. It didn't matter if the door was open or closed since there was nobody home anyways. I turned around to see that Tanner was already sitting on my bed, like he was all ready to talk.

"So?" I said after a long pause. "What did you want to talk about?" I said again standing up, as I started to grow impatient. We have just been sitting here in silence, and I just wanted him to talk so he could leave sooner. He said he wanted to talk about things, but he didn't say a word after he sat down.

"I'm sorry Scarlet," he said, finally making eye contact with me. He actually did look sorry, but I knew that he wasn't sorry at all. He always did this, and he always knew how to fake an apology. I used to believe everything he said to me, but that was when I was too blinded from how much I liked him.