one

I wake up Monday morning to the sound of my annoying alarm clock ringing on my bedside table. I reach over and turn my alarm clock off, and take my lazy body into the bathroom to take a shower.

I get out of the shower fairly quick making sure I have enough time to get ready for my first day of senior year. I blow dry my hair, and slowly brush through my long wavy blonde hair. Once I finish my make-up, I find my way to my closet, and decide on what to wear today. I slip on a light pink flowy dress, that comes to the middle of my thighs, and slip on some sandals.

I take one last look at myself in the mirror, and grab my bag to head downstairs. I walk down the long staircase leading to the living room, to see nobody around. I stroll down the hallway into the kitchen to see my brother, Hunter, sitting down at the breakfast table on his phone.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask.

He doesn't look up at me, just gets up from the table and makes his way out of the house. Hunter and I used to be pretty close, but this summer we have drifted a lot and I wasn't sure why. Hunter used to be the center of attention in our family, the one that talks the most, but now he is the most distant one. He used to always be home playing video games or doing whatever boys do, but now he is barely home.

My parents were never home, or here for us when we actually needed them. It was me and my brother that were there for each other, but it isn't that way at all anymore.

I follow him out the front door and lock the door behind me. As I step outside I can already feel the hot Cape Cod morning air on my skin. I walk down the gravel driveway and into the driver's seat of my car, with Hunter already in the passenger seat.

"You ready for your first day of junior year?" I ask, trying to make small talk as I begin to drive to school.

"I guess," He answers me, but keeping his eyes glued to his phone.

After about 15 minutes of driving we finally pull up to our highschool. We drove to the back parking lot of the school until finding a parking spot close to the back doors to the school. Once the car came to a stop, Hunter bolted out of the car without saying anything. I turn the car off and make my way to the same double doors I have gone in every year I've been here.

I walk right through the doors, and walk down the halls to find my same locker. Once I step up to my locker, I see my best friend Ava digging through her locker right beside mine.

"Hey Scar!" she says turning over to me, and giving me a quick hug.

"Hey," I responded, and opening my locker.

We talk for a while until the bell rings for the first class of the day. We say our goodbyes and walk off in different directions. My first class of the day is English 12, which is only around the corner from my locker. I walk into English to see a couple familar faces from the past years, and sit down at the first seat I see. I take out a pen and paper and begin the first day of my senior year.

-

My first two classes went by fast and now it is finally lunch. My second period of the day is Physics, which I have with Ava. We walk together out of the classroom and back to our lockers to drop off our books that we no longer need for the day. As I shut my locker, I feel hands wrap around my waist.

I turn my head to see that it was my boyfriend Tanner.

"Hey babe," He said, gently kissing my cheek.

"Hi," I answered, turning my body around and wrapping my hands around his neck.

"Ready?" He asked, placing his hand in mine.

"Yeah," I said, turning around and waving goodbye to Ava.

I return to school just in time for my next period. I now have a free period, which I didn't even need to be back for,  and then my last period of the day is Calculus 12. I have never really been good at math, and I don't even know why I am talking this class because it is going to be way to hard for me. 

I walk into the spacious room on the second floor of the school and sit in the first empty seat I see which is the front of the classroom of coarse. 

-

By the time Calculus is almost over, everyone in the classroom is zoning out and staring at the wall clock watching the time slowly go by. As soon as the bell rings I make my way right out of the classroom not even looking back. I start to walk down the stairs and through all the halls until I reach the back parking lot where my car is parked.

I couldn't be more happier that my first day of senior year was done. All I wanted to do was get the hell out of this school and move on with my life.

I reach the back parking lot, and get into the drivers seat of my car, and wait for Hunter to arrive.

I wait for about twenty minutes, sitting on my phone, and still waiting for him to come running to the car after a long day at school. At this point I knew he wasn't coming, so I take this moment to speed out of the parking lot and start my way back home.

hi okay so the beginning of this story (like the first couple chapters) its basically gonna be fillers because i don't want to rush the story! so yeah i promise this story will get better I have a lot in mind for this story :--)