twenty five

{ Luke's POV }

A couple days have rolled around pretty fast, with not much happening. I have been getting really close to Calum, Ashton and Michael. I was still friends with Hunter, but we haven't been talking much recently. I see him around school sometimes, but we don't say much to each other. This month has gone by pretty fast, and it's getting colder and colder. I love cold weather, I don't know why. Maybe it's the snow? Scarlet and I have been pretty much hanging out every other day. She has been getting closer to the boys as well, and I'm happy about that. I want Scarlet to be comfortable around my friends, and be just as close as them as I am. I've tried to give Scarlet some space about being in a relationship with me, since I don't want to rush it. I like her so much, and want nothing more for her to just be my girlfriend again, but I need to give it time.

It was a Saturday night, and I was up in my room with Calum, Ashton, and Michael. Scarlet was working again tonight, so that's why she wasn't here to hang out with us. We haven't been doing much, just sitting around doing random shit. Michael and Ashton were laying back on my bed playing video games that I didn't even know that I had, while Calum and I were sitting at my desk.

"Wait dude, you play?" Calum asked, as he got up and went to the other side of my room and lifted up my acoustic guitar from it's stand.

"Yeah, I guess." I answered, but the truth was, I really could play. I would say that I'm alright at playing, well I have been playing for years now, and it's the only thing I love to do.

"No way." Michael said, pausing the TV. Michael walked over to Calum, as they both checked out my guitar.

"Wait why?" I asked, since they had such sudden interest that I could play the guitar.

"We play too." Michael said, walking back to sit on the bed.

"Well, I don't." Ashton laughed, sitting at the edge of the bed next to Michael. "I'm starting on the drums." He spoke up again.

"That's sick." I answered, happy that I have finally found some friends that had the same interests as me.

Michael picked up my guitar and started strumming random cords. I watched in amazement, realizing how good Michael actually is.

"You're really good." I truthfully told him. "Do you sing too?" I curiously asked him.

"I can, but I prefer not to. Do you?" Michael asked me.

"I like to, and I love playing the guitar. I can do it for hours straight." I told all the boys. I was extremely happy that we all shared something in common, and it's all something that we love to spend time doing.

"Play us something." Calum chimed in to the conversation. I got up off my chair, and took the guitar from Michael, and sat on the edge of the bed next to all of them.

I tuned the guitar just right, to play the easiest song I know. I wasn't going to sing anything I have written before, because I would just get embarrassed. I knew they would probably prefer me to sing something of my own, but I still decided against it.

"Okay, here we go." I said, strumming the guitar a couple times to make sure it was tuned right. I was hesitant to sing and play at first, because I have never really played in front of anybody before. I didn't ask my mum to watch me, just because she wouldn't care. I know she would listen to me play, but then just walk out of my room without saying anything else to me. I decided to get my fear over with, since I will need to get it over with one day or another.

"Lights out, I still here the rain,

These images that filled my head, now keep my fingers from making mistakes,