ten

"Enjoy your weekend!" My calculus teacher yelled to the class, as everyone started to pile out of the classroom. It was finally Friday after one hell of a week at school. A lot has happened this week, and it all feels like it happened yesterday. This week has been the first time I've seen Luke in about a year, so that was pretty much the highlight of my week, but not techincally in a good way. Ever since I ran into him in the library, and found out that he was in one of my classes, thinks just felt different. The mood in the room began to feel awkward, and I could feel myself tense up whenever he would walk by me. I haven't talked to him since I ran into him, I've only just seen him walk in and out of last period we have, well basically sprint out. I honestly don't know how I didn't notice him in my class before. Did he go to this school since the first day? Or was he one of those new kids that comes in a couple weeks later? I wouldn't know the answer to that because one, he wants nothing to do with me, well as what it looks like, and two, I don't want to piss him off like I seem to have done at the library. I just decided to wait a little longer, and eventually start to talk to him again, and get used to the fact that he lived here again which is still a shock for me.

On that note, I have still tried my best not to talk to Tanner, and surprisingly I haven't. Of course he has tried to call me, but did I answer? No. I knew he has been waiting by my locker everyday because Ava has been asking what has been up with me lately. I feel guilty for not telling Ava anything that has happened because she is suppose to be my best friend, and that's what best friends do. I broke out of my thoughts and continued to walk out of the classroom without loosing focus. I tend to do that a lot, start walking and then totally go out of thought thinking about something, and then end up walking in the opposite direction I was planning on. I walk out of the courtyard of my school, doing my best not to run into anybody, and begin my daily drive home.

-

"Hey mom," I say as I step into the kitchen. It looked to me like she was preparing lunch, or something. I didn't know what in the hell she was doing at home at this time because she is a doctor, and usually has many hours.

"Hey!" She answered sounding happier than usual. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace.

"Are you okay? Why aren't you at work?' I asked, still wondering why she was at home at this time of day.

"Oh right. I don't feel so great, so I just decided to call off all my shifts and stay home for the day." She smiled, picking up her knife back up and beginning to cut the multiple fruits and vegtables for her salad she was making.

"Okay, I hope you feel better mom." I tell her and grab my bag, and start to head out of the kitchen.

"Thank you sweetie," I heard her call to me as I was already walking upstairs. She was being exceptionally nice today, maybe because she had the day off, and wasn't so stressed out about everything. I once again had work tonight, which sucked because all I wanted to do was relax from the week. I head up to my room and settle down on my bed, and throw my hair into a bun, before getting back up and heading off to the guest room. As I plop down on the guest room couch, my phone begins to vibrate in my back pocket. I pull my phone out my phone to see the name 'Tanner' flashing on the screen. I sighed,and just decided to answer because I started to feel bad about totally ignoring him all week.

"Hey," I answered the phone, hoping he wouldn't be mad at me for ignoring him most of the week.

"Hey Scar, why haven't you been answering my calls all week?" He asked, curiosity running through his voice.

"Sorry, I've been really busy this week with lots of homework and stuff," Trying not to sound like I'm completely lying to him, which I'm not. Well, I really have been busy with homework this week, but that isn't the main reason I have been avoiding him.